Chapter One

Authors Note: This is my first attempt at a BVB Fanfiction so any constructive feedback/criticism is appreciated (as long as it's not downright rude/harsh). If there are any errors or confusion about the story, just let me know. I used their song Rebel Love Song for the title of this because it seemed like it fit.

I stormed out of the principals office, slamming the door as I left. The sound echoed off the walls and lockers which caused several of the students to glare in my direction. I glared back at them and when they it was me, most of them quickly looked away while others began whispering, thinking I couldn't hear them. I shoved past them, making them stumble back when someone ran up behind me and grabbed onto my arm.

Nearly jumping out of my skin, I turned around to see my best friend and "cousin", Layla. She was a couple inches shorter than me, but that was mainly because of my boots. Layla was wearing black ripped jeans, black and red converse and an Asking Alexandria t-shirt. Layla had her hair tied into a high pony tail even though it was layered in different lengths but she still managed to do it with her bangs hanging over her eyes. She died half of it red since her natural color was black.

"Why weren't you in class?" She asked, hooking her arm through mine as we walked down the hall to the main entrance. I ignored the stares we were getting and looked around the halls, finally realizing that someone was missing. 

"One of my classmates complained to the teacher about my hair and tattoos so they sent me to the principals office. He gave me a warning saying that if it happens again, he's going to call my dad." I snorted, amused by it. If the principal thinks that my dad will do anything, he was mistaken. I had to get it from someone. 

Dad always said that I looked like mom and from the pictures I had of her, I can see that he was right

Dad always said that I looked like mom and from the pictures I had of her, I can see that he was right. I had her facial features and her black hair but I always dyed it purple, but I had dad's light blue eyes. 

"Zack isn't here today," Layla said, noticing that I was still looking around. "He decided to play hooky today." 

"Of course he did," I muttered under my breath. I was going to get him for this. 

Zack has been my best friend since childhood and we literally grew up together, well, except when he went with his older brother during the summers but even then we barely saw each other. 

"EARTH TO ALEX!" Layla shrieked in my ear which caused me to jump several feet. 

I punched her in her side but made sure not to hurt her. She was about to punch me back when we were interrupted by someone honking their horn several times. Both of us looked up to see a black mustang pull up in front of the curb. The passenger window was rolled down and that's when we saw the driver. 

"How are you doing, Layla?" Dad asked, his bangs falling over his eyes. He smiled when we came over to the car. As old as he was, he never left his "Phase" as most people called it. We always said it's a way of life and we stuck by that. 

"I'm doing good, Nick," Layla said, picking up her backpack. 

"Do you need a ride home?" He asked, leaning over the passengers seat to open the door.

Layla shook her head. "I live only a couple of blocks away. I'll be fine walking." She waved at me as I got into the car. "See you on Monday, Lex." 

"See ya!" I yelled after her as I shut the door. Before I even had my seatbelt buckled, he revved the engine and peeled out of there. 

Dropping my bag on the floor, I turned the radio on and tried to find the right station. I grinned when our favorite song came on and I turned the volume up as we came to the intersection. Reverse This Curse by Escape the Fate was playing and both of us were singing along with it. When the light turned green, dad put his foot back on the gas and that's when I heard the sound of a horn coming towards us and fast. 

I looked out my window and I saw the semi coming. It looked like the driver was trying to stop but didn't have enough time. "DAD!" I shouted and that's when all I heard was the sound of metal against metal followed by everything spinning several times before coming to a complete stop.

I felt a sharp pain go through my head and then there was the smell and taste of copper as something slick and wet ran down my face. I looked over at dad to see him slumped over in his seat. He looked over at me and raised his hand. "Alexandra...." He said weakly, his palm pressed against my cheek. 

I tried to speak but no words came out and finally, the pain became too much to handle and I let the darkness swallow me.