Chapter Fourteen

Alexandra P.O.V.

Everyone was looking at us in shock and disbelief. The only ones who didn't look surprised were Andy, Juliet and Jinxx. Jake and CC's jaws dropped and Lonny and Zack kept looking between the two of us, their eyes wide. Ashley spent the next hour explaining to the them, with input from Andy here and there, that my mom, Leanne, was his older sister. It took awhile but they finally understood why we never made it public that we were related, especially with the fact that he was a womanizer and with the DUI charge he had a few years ago, they knew why I didn't keep in touch with him.

After some time, I decided to go outside on the balcony to get some fresh air. Leaning against the railing, I looked out at the city, letting my mind wander. I heard footsteps coming up behind me and from the corner of my eye, I could see that it was Jinxx. He didn't look at me as he folded his arms on the railing. Both of us were quiet for what seemed like a long time until he finally spoke.

"This is our last night here and we're gonna be performing tonight," he said, keeping his gaze focused on the city in front of us.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "Your point?"

Before he could respond, someone cleared their throat behind us. Jinxx didn't turn around but I looked over my shoulder to see Andy leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed. "I think Jinxx is trying to say that we're gonna have you and Zack perform at the end of the show. Falling In Reverse, My Chemical Romance, Motionless In White, Escape The Fate and Sleeping With Sirens are all going to be there and we were thinking of surprising them before we head out tomorrow morning and this is probably the best way to do so."

I guess he was right. I mean, I haven't seen them all since I was kid so they wouldn't recognize me now. I went inside to look for Zack. I wasn't surprised when I saw that he was playing GTA V Online. I sat on the arm of the couch next to him and he put his arm around my waist. "I'm guessing Andy told you?" He asked, pausing the game so he could look at me.

I nodded. "Yeah, he did. No the question is, what song are we going to cover?"

He thought about it for a second. "I was thinking maybe your uncle's newest one but it would be pretty obvious. So I did a little thinking and searching. Why don't we do 'Break' by Three Days Grace?" Zack asked, rubbing my back.

"That's perfect!" I took his face in my hands as I leaned down and kissed him, making Jake and CC pretend to gag.

The two of us rolled our eyes at them and decided to go to our room to get ready. I grabbed a set of clothes from my suitcase and went into the bathroom. Once I shut the door, I stripped off my clothes and changed into what I grabbed from my duffel bag (). I came out of the bathroom while I was putting the ring on and smiled when I saw that Zack was still shirtless. He had his back to me so I took the opportunity to look at him.

I've seen him shirtless countless times over the years that we've known each other whenever we went to the beach and yeah, I've seen him naked before, but that wasn't exactly a good memory for me. I didn't know how long I was staring at him until he cleared his throat, snapping me out of it. Zack had a smirk on his face, which meant that he caught me staring. "Enjoying the view?" He asked, clearly amused by this.

"Fuck you." I said, my face burning as I looked away from him while he pulled on his shirt and Jacket (). We went out to the main floor and we saw that the guys were all ready by the time we came out. I grabbed Zack's hand and we followed them out to the bus so we could head to the arena. When the bus stopped in the parking lot, we all got out and I wasn't surprised to see all the buses from the other bands.

We were told that Black Veil Brides was gonna be the last band to perform so we just sat backstage and watched everyone go and perform. I smiled to myself when I saw Chris, Kellin, Ronnie, and Gerard when they're sets started. They all must have saw me because they gave me confused looks when looking in our direction. I chuckled at their expressions and when it was time for the guys go on, me and Zack stayed right behind the curtain as they did their sets:

Scarlet Cross

Fields of Bone

The Legacy

Wake up

I covered my ears when the fan girls screams got to be a little much. The lights went out just as Andy came back stage by himself. He handed me and Zack our mic's. "There's two three feet platforms that the stage hands just brought out for you two. The last thing I need is either of you breaking any bones."

"We'll be okay, uncle Andy," I said, patting his shoulder. I wasn't going to admit it, but I was nervous as hell. I never sang in front of a live audience and I already felt as if I was going to either pass out, throw up or possibly both.

Ashley came over and out his hands on my shoulders. "You got this, Alex. Remember, you have us here so if you start to feel nervous, focus on us."

I nodded and thanked him before following Zack out onto the stage. He took the platform on the right and I took the one of the left. Both of us climbed onto them and knelt down, keeping our faces hidden as the music started. I was surprised they knew what to play but then again, Zack must have told them.

( -There are flashing lights in the mirrors in the back so here's an alternative: )

(Zack, Alex, Both, All)

The lights started flashing as the beat picked up and Zack stood up as his verse came up.

Tonight, my head is spinning
I need something to pick me up
I've tried but nothing is working
I won't stop
I won't say I've had enough
Tonight, I start the fire
Tonight, I break away

Both of us jumped down off our platforms, landing on our feet as the lights came on and the crowd started screaming.

Break away from everybody
Break away from everything
If you can't stand the way
This place is
Take yourself to higher places

(ohhh, ohhh)

I felt my nerves starting to get the better of me so I looked towards Andy and Ashley to see both of them smiling. Looking behind them, I could see Chris, Kellin, Gerard and Ronnie staring with their mouths hanging open. I resisted the urge to laugh as I turned towards the crowd. It was strange since they used to say I looked like a vampire when I was little because of how pale I was.

At night I feel like a vampire
It's not right
I just can't give it up
I'll try to get myself higher
Let's go
We're going to light it up
Tonight we start the fire
Tonight we break away

Break away from everybody
Break away from everything
If you can't stand the way
This place is
Take yourself to higher places

When the solo came up, I flipped off Kellin, Gerard, Ronnie and Chris, knowing that they might realize it was me and Zack.

If you can't stand the way this place is
Take
(take) yourself (yourself)
To higher places

Break away from everybody
Break away from everything
If you can't stand the way
This place is
Take yourself to higher places

(ohh...higher places)
(ohh...to higher places)
(ohh...higher places)
Take yourself to higher places.