Chapter Thirteen

Zack P.O.V.

I went over to Ashley and gave him a hug, which he returned. We let each other go and I turned around to see Jeremy sitting on the floor with Alex laying next to him, her head on his lap. If anyone who didn't know them saw them like this, they would probably think that they're a couple. I knew my brother loved Alex, but he even said that he sees her as a sister since she used to spend nearly all her time with us.

She was holding a frame in her hands and from where I was standing, I could see she was trying not to cry as she looked at the picture. I went over and I saw that it was a picture of Lucas. Sitting down next to her, I put my hand on her cheek as she looked over at me. "Are you okay?" I asked her as I rubbed her cheek with my thumb.

"Yeah," she said, her fingers tightening on the frame. "It's just hard to believe that it's been almost a year already since that day."

Jeremy nudged her until she got up. Alex gave him a confused look while he got up and went to the room we shared. When he came back, he had his guitar in hand. Both of us gave him a questioning look and saw that Jake had followed his example. When both of them sat down, we heard the song they were playing and Alex nearly started crying since the song was written about her and her brother when they were growing up. Andy was getting a little teary eyed along with Juliet while CC was full on bawling his eyes out.

(Alex, Ashley, Both)

Through sadness you have taught us
To be one with the crowd
Unveil the sacred order
Hymns of falling down
You told the greatest stories
Of love and bleeding crowns
But to the sick and hungry
You cannot be found

Ashley put his arm around her shoulders as she held the picture of her brother closer to her chest as tears fell down her cheeks.

We are young and we are strong
Through strength in self we become
Something more than they can be
I raise my heart and say

That I won't believe this lie
I know there's something more inside
When darkness is all you see
This is our Sweet Blasphemy

I moved so I was sitting behind her and so that she was sitting between my legs. Ashley raised an eyebrow and I mouthed, Not like that, Pervy Purdy. He chuckled and shook his head.

Silence the crooked holy
Unchain the tied and bound
No time for allegory
One true reigning sound
Unite the lonely mourning
A simple servant now
We are the only glory
Hear us screaming loud

We are young and we are strong
I raise my heart and say

That I won't believe this lie
I know there's something more inside
When darkness is all you see
This is our Sweet Blasphemy

We are young and we are strong
Through strength in self we become
Something more than they can be
This is our Sweet Blasphemy

That I won't believe this lie
I know there's something more inside
When darkness is all you see
This is our Sweet Blasphemy

That I won't believe this lie
I know there's something more inside
When darkness is all you see
This is our Sweet Blasphemy

CC was still bawling while Andy and Juliet each had a box of tissues in hand. I wrapped my arms around Alex and she leaned back against me. "It's okay to cry, Alex."

She drew in a shaky breath and when I looked at her, I saw that she had been crying the whole time. Ashley moved her bangs out of her face as she continued sobbing. Ash kissed the top of her head. "You look so much like Leanne but your singing is something you got from your dad. They would be proud to see you now."

"R-really?" She hiccupped as she tried to calm down.

Ashley nodded. "Really. My sister would be happy if she could see how much you've grown."

Alex smiled a little as she wiped her eyes on her sleeve. "Thanks, uncle Ashley."

"Wait." The room was quiet for several minutes as it sunk in for all of us on what they both just said. "UNCLE ASHLEY?!" All of us exclaimed at the same time.