six

06 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

          𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 that Cedric would have at least some sort of explanation for his actions, but no. He just lead me out of the oak library doors hesitantly and slowly, trying to avoid directing any unwanted attention towards us, like Hadyn's attention.

But just as soon as we passed carefully through the doorway, he glanced over his shoulder at my incredibly bewildered face. A goofy—almost devilish—smile widely spread across his face, as if he had some heinous plan to follow through with.

And I knew then that I wasn't going to like it, whatever it was.

My focus was drawn down, remembering then that our hands were latched together. The sight alone seemed to amplify the warmth in my cheeks, and I really couldn't help but wonder if Cedric reciprocated this same feeling.

Although, reality always seemed to harshly settle onto me, because I realized what I was feeling was simply foolish.

It wasn't the kind of intertwined hand-hold that couples did to display their intimacy towards one another. His hand was just plainly wrapped around my four small fingers, attempting to guide me along with his own movements.

It wasn't like that, in that way at least.

It appeared that there would forever be the logical component of me that was near impossible to ignore, contradicting every single hopeful belief I had.

So, for a moment there, I thought I was going to firmly plant my feet down onto the marbled floor and refuse to go with him; what the usual Sage would have done.

However, he grasped onto my hand harder—a strong grip that I couldn't shake off—and picked his slow pace up into a jog.

"Run, run, run, run." He exclaimed in a light-hearted tone.

I nearly stumbled over my own two feet at his forceful tug, attempting to stammer out a protest or even a confused exclaim, but it only turned into a fit of giggles.

I was quick to regain my balance, without falling onto my face, and I managed to catch up to him.

I trailed a few steps behind him, my light hair rippling with the thud's of our strides along with our shoes noisily hitting against the hard ground.

He lead the way, dodging through a couple students in the near empty corridor—who all had the same alarming look on their faces as we rushed between them.

I had nearly trampled over the small Dennis Creevey, due to Cedric making a sudden and unexpected right turn. That made Cedric erupt in laughter and I tried to quickly apologize to the first year, but he kept pulling me along by my hand.

Occasionally, Cedric would make a quick glance behind him to give me a warm grin, his piercing eyes seeming to be twinkling with enthusiasm.

And a very similar expression came upon my face not long after.

We had run through most of the back-hallways of the castle and the enormous Entrance Hall was approaching, sooner than I would have liked.

After classes had ended for the day, there was usually a significantly large amount of students cluttered and energetically chatting together in the space.

Normally, I would instantly recognize this to be a complete dim-witted idea.

I mean, I was racing through the corridors that contained masses of students who could potentially watch me run along, hand-in-hand with the boy who I had sworn was just a friend and nothing more.