seven

07 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫

𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐍 𝐀𝐈𝐑 roamed across the castle grounds, goosebumps pricking at my bare legs, already making me regret wearing a skirt to the first Hogsmeade trip of the year.

"I should have worn pants." I grumbled under my breath to Maeve, as we followed the pathway. Or I should have at least brought a jacket for that matter.

"Yeah, you look completely like a muggle Sage." Maeve agreed while laughing at my fashion choice—a skirt and a knit jumper apparently deemed to be 'muggle' wear now.

"Well, maybe it's because I practically am one." I defended, giving her a quick glare to hopefully end the teasing, "It's not my fault my parents are muggles."

My harsh shivers cut off the argument though, and my arms tightly crossed around my chest, attempting to create some sort of warmth to my shaking arms.

We rounded a corner together, the Hogsmeade cottages and rows of shops finally coming into view after the long walk from the castle.

Our steps clunked against the cobblestone sidewalk, passing by Madam Puddifoot's pastel-colored tea shop and giggling at wide-eyed third years who seemed to be enjoying their first visit at the village.

We kept walking along, crossing the street once, until we approached the tiny Three Broomsticks inn, which had steam billowing out of the chimney and I could hear friendly chattering coming from inside.

Immediately after we entered through the doorway—bringing a slight breeze into the pub—Maeve hung her thin jacket up on the coat-rack, and Claire, Elaine, Hadyn and Landon were spotted at a table near the back.

Elaine waved us over excitedly at our arrival, while she took another long gulp at her Butterbeer, urging us to join in on their lively conversation.

It was extremely crowded, noisy, and warm inside. I crossed the pub, realizing I never really got used to smoky smell that wafted through the space—the scent was still strong as ever.

After I squeezed into a chair, now sharing a seat with Elaine, Landon made a dramatic show out of chugging the last of his Butterbeer, slamming the empty glass onto the wooden table after he had finished.

That earned a pleased cheer from Hadyn and he high-fived Landon with a loud slap.

I stifled a smile at their crazy antics before I grabbed the handle of a Butterbeer and slid it across the wooden table, the drink in front of me now.

"Anyone want to go to Zonkos with us?" Landon asked while Hadyn and him stood up from the table, "I've heard they restocked their Dungbombs."

The boys glanced over our disapproving faces, awaiting a response. None of us wanted to go to the joke shop.

"Alright, we'll just hang around Fred and George then." Landon said, already making his way towards the exit with Hadyn.

"On second thought Landon, I really want to check out those Dumbbombs!" Maeve exclaimed while standing up quickly, obviously eager now that the Weasley twins were mentioned.

And who knew if Maeve mispronounced the name of the Zonkos product on purpose or not.

I watched her flowing hair drift further through the crowds of Wizards before a cool breeze drifted through the pub and the door slammed shut.