eleven

11 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 towering bookshelves and through the rich red colored curtains, the Divination classroom is revealed. Though the classroom could pass as an old attic, just from the smell of it and the amount of trinkets Professor Trelawney spreads through the area.

There was no one else there yet, only Professor Trelawney who was sitting at her miniature desk towards the front, studying a novel per usual. At my entrance, she looked up from her book, landing her enormous bugged eyes on me.

"Ms. Brooks!" She exclaimed, flashing an encouraging smile. "Hello, hello. Come, take a seat dearie!"

She set her book down, while her obnoxious bracelets and jewels clinked loudly together as she made her way over to me.

I gave a weak grin, setting all my belonging down on the clothed table nearest to me. I then plopped down onto the plush cushion that was resting on the floor, taking note of the teacups placed on all of the surrounding tables.

"I am quite excited for today, you see, I have something compelling planned!" She rambled while her hands were conjoined together as she explained. I just stared at her poufy hair that was being held back with a floral headband.

"Does it have anything to do with tea?" I questioned slowly, eyes narrowing.

"Why yes it does—Oh! Come in, come in everybody!" She declared as more students started to fill into the room and Professor Trelawney went to excitedly accompany them, leaving me at table with nothing but two cups of tea.

I let out a quiet sigh; this would be interesting to say the least. I was hopeful that I would be able to pay minimal attention during this class period, as the past weeks had been havoced with a buzzing energy and my concentration had seemed to have been lingering away.

A few more dragged out minutes passed before Trelawney finally announced that class would soon begin. I rested my cheek on my hand, half-heartedly ready to listen to her go on about the 'noble craft of Divination'.

"Today, we will be revisiting the art of reading tea leaves!" The Professor clasped her hands tightly together as she exasperated her words. "I've assumed tea leaves would be enjoyable to practice again, now, I have already—"

A loud crash halted her babble, and everyone quickly turned their heads to the source of the disruptive noise.

There I saw Hadyn, laying on the carpeted floor, groaning and clutching his arm. Though I wasn't at all surprised at his sprawled out figure, he has always been clumsily fashioned—similarly to myself.

The whole room was soon amplified with laughter, Professor Trelawney only staring in horror at the boy's limbs spread out onto the floor.

"Oh goodness Mr. Parker, please do tell me that you are just fine?" She asked in-between racing steps.

"I'm alright." Hadyn grumbled, "Just didn't see that table there." Embarrassment flushed heavily across his features, as he stood up and looked at all the staring individuals focused on him.

"Very well, I sensed that you would be late, but I did not reckon that you would take such a fall like that." Professor Trelawney softly uttered as she lead Hayden by his shoulders over to my table, where there was an open cushion.

"Now, please do sit dear boy, the art of Divination is awaiting us, and together we shall cast ourselves into the future!" She loudly spoke, lifted her hands into the air dramatically not long after her short speech.