two

02 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

         𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 the lengthy aisle in-between the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables, eyes roaming through extent of the benches to locate my friends whereabouts.

It didn't take long before I caught sight of Claire's shimmering caramel hair, that reflected the sun, and everyone else came into my view shortly after.

My friends were clumped together with the other fifth year Hufflepuffs, but they weren't interacting with the rest of them. Instead, four pairs of widened eyes were fixated onto me, even Maeve's mouth was open.

I stepped around schoolbags that were carelessly dropped on the marbled floor, and dodged a few first years who were strolling through the aisle quite aimlessly.

When I finally reached my desired spot, I slung my heavy bag onto the floor before I slumped down in the only open spot next to Hadyn and Maeve.

I proceeded to slide a platter packed with golden-colored toast across the wooden surface, nearly knocking a goblet of orange juice over in the process, but I hardly brought attention to the fact.

My elbows were then allowed to be propped up onto the table, followed by my head rested down onto my awaiting hands.

The unpleasant silence that filled the air couldn't be ignored, as I knew how unusual it was for our portion of table to be this silent. They were staring at me, as if I was a dementor or something of that sort.

The tense air remained quiet for a moment too long, before I announced, "Why is everyone looking at me like that?"

I turned over to my right to face a speechless, yet excited-looking Maeve.

"Your mouths been open for a while, you might want to shut it Maeve." I plainly informed her before I nicked a piece of bacon off of her plate and plopped it in my mouth.

"You were talking to Cedric Diggory ?" She at last managed to comment, dramatically stretched her last two words out.

"Yes, I was in fact speaking with Cedric Diggory." I folded my arms together in a suspicious matter before I continued on, "Is that so hard to believe?" I stated in confusion—mostly to the others as to why they seemed so staggered by this.

I reached for an empty golden platter that was resting on the table, hoping to make this awkward moment pass by faster. I kept my glaring eyes onto Maeve, who was only shaking her head in disbelief.

An over easy egg along with a slice of perfectly browned toast was placed onto my plate, with my goblet filled to the brim with pumpkin juice afterwards.

"Well just about half the schools in love with him." Claire blurted out from across the table.  "Apparently though, you'd have to be a supermodel to catch his attention." She grumbled underneath her breath, clearly not fond of that fact.

"Exactly, so why would Diggory be talking to you Sage?" Landon joked between a mouthful of half-chewed cereal, earning a groan of disgust from Claire who was seated next to him.

But, a modest-amount of laughter spread amongst everyone else, only further fueling the widened smile that mischievously stretched across Landon's face.

I faked laughed at his 'humorous' jest but I turned to shoot a glowering look at Landon from the opposing length of the table. My focus was strayed down onto my breakfast, spinning a lump of egg that was wedged onto my fork to ignore the dwindling laughter the best I could.

I knew the fact was obvious; boys usually weren't drawn to me, it actually seemed like they repelled away from me in most cases, and I was more than used to that hard truth.