ten

10 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

        𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 never strayed far from my thoughts. All through the sleepless night, at breakfast the following morning, and then during Potions; it lodged itself to my mind and never cared to leave.

And, the only way I decided it would all go away, was by tossing the slip of parchment—reading 𝐶𝑒𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑐 𝐷𝑖𝑔𝑔𝑜𝑟𝑦—within the blazing goblet, and that was final.

Even so, some part of last night's lecture has stuck with me—mostly the parts where you were required to compete, even if the task was completely maddening. The parts where Dumbledore had said you should be sure you wanted to enter, and I was sure, except for my racing heartbeat that was more than noticeable that begged to differ.

And then, that brought me to that night in the common room, sharing a coach with Sage who was upset that I wanted to put my name in for the tournament.

She's completely unexplainable; you think she would be the type of girl to nod her head and tell you she's happy you're entering the tournament, because it's an impressive thing to do. But her eyebrows were angerly knitted down so much that lines of worry formed in-between her brows—though, I could tell it was with the genuine type of concern—and she informed me about how 'stupid' I was being.

She wears a mysterious persona well, fierceness hidden and masked beneath her big heart that makes you almost forget about that relentless side of her—it's surprising.

And, she seemed to know exactly what she was talking about, yet I still decided against it.

So, that had me wondering if this really was my final choice. But, it was much too late to change my mind and there was no turning back now...right?

"Ced?", a concerned voice tugged me into the present, realizing I was an sitting in an empty and silenced classroom.

My head jerked up feverishly, immediately turning towards where the source of the voice had seemed to come from.

There I saw Matt, standing near the door of the Charms classroom along with a questioning look on his face.

"You know class ended a little bit ago," Matt said while he lowered his eyebrows, squinting at me. "Right?"

"Yeah—no, I know." I quickly interjected, turning back and collecting my books, "I was just...mulling the lesson over, the Bubble-head charm seems really interesting." I mumbled, attempting to act convincing while standing up from the chair meanwhile.

"I thought you might've been nervous about the tournament for a moment." He grinned at me from the front of the classroom, shaking his head in spite of his cheeky tone.

I tried not to scoff at the irony-laced comment, letting out an agreeing-sounding laugh instead as I made my way over to him.

"And, I'm glad you're not, because the goblet's lit and waiting for you, you know." He sharply insisted before he playfully slammed his hand down on my back, jerking me forward with the impact of the proud gesture.

"I doubt it is." I muttered softly to myself, walking forward into the hallway that would lead to the entrance hall.

Henry and Ben had approached and joined us along the way, though I barely brought attention to the fact—my mind being much too preoccupied.

"I've heard the whole Durmstrang lot entered." Ben pointed out, turning to glance at me before he added, "And almost no one from Hogwarts."

"That makes me feel great Ben, thank you." I broke my period of silence to snarkily remark, dodging through a group of students as we walked further down the hallway.