you like me?

hey there! sorry for the long wait on this chapter, again, inspiration to write has been on the downlow. a lot of things have been changing for me lately, so juggling all of my hobbies and writing this every once in a blue moon is a strange experience. i can't say i will update this faster, but i do have a lot planned and i really don't want to scrap this story. everything about it means a lot to me and is even helping me, to be honest.

also i've kinda been thinking about this because i saw a suggestion and only answer if you know please, but i made this a karlnap story before i knew karlnapity were canonically fiancés, and while i think poly representation is so cool and sweet, i thought big q was uncomfortable with shipping in fanfiction? i'll probably keep this a karlnap story either way but i just want to know this in the future if anyone knows what his current views are. again, thanks yall for reading, and no cws on this chapter. this is just a longer one that could probably cause cavities with the amount of sweetness it contains. i hope you enjoy. :]

extra extra note: this story has blown up on this platform and i just want to say thank you for all for your votes and kind comments. means a lot. <3

❀ ❀ ❀

Karl stared out the window with big eyes, watching the rows of houses melt together as they drove by. Today was a very important day; Eret lived up to their promise when she said that he wanted to help Karl set up a giant surprise confession-reveal party. At first, the idea sounded daunting and even a little embarrassing, but Eret convinced him that it would be okay, and turns out, it was.

After he gave the thumbs up, Eret started a group chat with everyone in their friend circle, which was so intimidating, but Karl's fears were soothed quickly. They were great at keeping their promises, and not a word of this plan had been said to Sapnap, from what he knew of. And everyone reacted as how Karl realistically predicted; Quackity teased him about it but was overwhelmingly supportive, George seemed entertained by the idea on Karl's behalf, Dream seemed entertained by the idea on Sapnap's behalf, and Wilbur didn't say much in the chat except for his affirmation that he was going to be there. It was expected, but Karl still felt relieved, because beforehand he couldn't help but feel like he was going to be judged for confessing to Eret before Sapnap himself and putting together a silly party to celebrate.

Honestly, he didn't know how he convinced his mom to take him to Eret's house. She was pretty alarmed by the fact that all his friends were "all boys," but after a month of talking about them, she seemed to be warming up to the concept of them. He left the details of Eret going by all pronouns and George and Dream being in a relationship out of the equation, because he knew that if she discovered those things, it would just strengthen the tension between him, her, and the private school. It was upsetting, but he figured that she would probably rather him have no friends at all than friends that went against her own personal beliefs. So he walked on eggshells, every time they spoke about what he did at school, and every time he turned on his phone and dimmed the brightness so she wouldn't see anything. He remembered reading a quote that stated that strict parents only raised very sneaky kids, which was true in every single way. Karl didn't like to be deceiving, and he wasn't good at it naturally. He was just trying to survive and be happy.

The car finally stopped in front of a light honey house, and Karl literally wiggled in his seat in excitement, his hand latching onto the car door. He looked behind him, making round eyes back at his mother. "I love you, thanks for driving, bye-" He immediately popped the handle and swung the door open, getting up to leave.

"Have fun, text me if you need anything, don't let any boys be weird to you-"

Karl rolled his eyes at that last part. "I'll be fine," He groaned back, closing the door and hopping up to the house. He paused for a second, just a little intimidated by the fact he hadn't done anything like this in years. He soon rang the doorbell and stepped back, his eyes the size of moons as he waited, and soon he heard the locks on the door turn.