you're too young for this

hey guys! sorry for the slow updates, i honestly have a lot of hobbies to attend to and this story isn't at the top of my list. it is incredibly honoring though that so many people are stopping by to read. i know i won't ever shut up about it and it's probably annoying but it's true. i am forever grateful and extremely flattered by all the compliments of my writing, too. it means everything to me.

also, i have an important note. if i see any comments referencing "antediluvian" (otherwise known as the karlnap church prime fic) they will be promptly deleted. not only is this my fanfic and comments referencing other fics feels kind of weird, but that story actually feels extremely disrespectful and strange towards religion, which i do not condone. i really wish that wasn't the face of karlnap fanfics, if i'm gonna be honest. (p.s. i don't really like comments demanding me to update, i'm getting to this story in my own time.)

anyway how're we feeling about the karlnap meetup? they're so fucking adorable. warms my heart. they're my comfort duo and when sap has to go im gonna be heartbroken <3 /hj but yeah us karlnappers get fed more than the dnfers and only now it's being slightly recognized 🙄 /j (i'm posting this after they left and omg :[ miss them sm)

friendly reminder that writing this story isn't to disrespect their real relationship or to twist it as something else, it is merely a form of fiction. if either of them have a problem with it i will immediately take this down and it won't get a platform anymore. reminder to not be weird to them or speculate a relationship between their real selves. they're actual people with feelings. rant over

cw: transphobia, homophobia, anxiety inducing stuff !! stay safe

❀ ❀ ❀

The next couple of months went by as expected. Halloween was a bit surprising this year because Karl was able to go out with his friends and be picked up late just like the confession party, and his mom wasn't even that angry at him for doing so. He ended up going as a bat, for cute reasons, and Sapnap was some anime character he couldn't remember the name of. Which was funny, since they would call on Discord and watch those shows together constantly, but Karl was probably a little more focused on Sapnap and his pretty face the whole time.

Although they would have their ups and downs, in terms of their relationship and their personal lives, everything was going smoothly. They even shared their first kiss together under the biggest tree in front of the school. Karl remembered feeling the sparks in the air between them as they pulled away, but personally he couldn't begin to compare it to the intimacy of a long hug.

It was getting harder and harder to shield Sapnap from his mom's eyes. He wished he could talk about him nonstop; he wished he could put his feet up and simply relax as he gushed about their relationship. Instead he had to tense whenever he even thought about mentioning his name, because his mother might just remember when he would babble about marrying the boy.

Karl couldn't help but feel paranoid, and he found himself lying to his mom over the silliest things just because he had fallen into the habit of it. He was already a compulsive white liar from time to time, but when it was to his own family, it was like slowly pulling out Jenga blocks and watching the tower shake. It was only a matter of time before he'd take out the wrong one and the whole thing would come crashing down.

He had to admit that he was surprised, though, to come downstairs in the middle of winter break to see his mom snooping through a package he had been expecting. He froze at the doorway for a moment, not really believing his eyes, but when he saw her lift up a peach-colored piece of clothing from the box, his heart dropped to his stomach.

"Mom!" Karl exclaimed, his voice practically coming out in a whine, but he was much more serious about this than what he was portraying.

She looked up at him, a grim frown spread across her lips as she unfolded the fabric. They both paused in their tracks to get a good look at it. A brand new chest binder, exactly Karl's shade of flesh and probably the perfect size. In his mother's hands.