i don't regret anything

cw: physical fighting, transphobia

stay safe <3

❀ ❀ ❀

Karl scrolled mindlessly on his phone, liking practically every post he saw without a second thought. He was bored out of his mind waiting for Sapnap to finish changing out of his football uniform. He stuck around for practices, hanging out on the sidelines and watching over his boyfriend with admiration. He cheered subtly when he scored, and giggled to himself when he got a little too competitive. Overall, it was a fun experience and he didn't mind waiting, especially because they got to do things together after. But this was the worst part, because Sapnap often got carried away talking to Dream and Punz and would come out a lot later than everyone else.

He looked up every time some kid walked by, expecting any one of them to be Sapnap. But one boy in particular got a little close to Karl, and he glanced up from his phone with inquisitive eyes. He was getting a little too much in his personal space.

Before he could move, the kid shifted a bit like he was trying to block him from leaving. Karl immediately tensed, hating where this was going. He instinctively clicked on his messages, feeling like he would have to send Sapnap a panicked text if this continued any further.

But he wasn't exactly given the chance.

"So you're Karl..." The boy scoffed, looking him up and down like he was unimpressed. Karl didn't care whether he looked intimidating or not, he was just confused what this guy's intentions were. He stayed quiet, not exactly knowing what to say. He stared into this kid's eyes with his lips pressed together into a fine line.

"You're not fooling anyone with that shit." The boy antagonized, even getting closer. "Your name's not fucking Karl, and God, you make it so obvious."

"Okay?" Karl wanted to say something witty, but the gravity of the situation was holding his chest down tight enough to make him feel like he was unable to breathe. He just stared at him with wide eyes while the world around them blurred. As much judgement he faced from others day by day, he had never encountered an approach as intense and direct as this. No one had the guts to say it to his face.

He wished it stayed at no one.

"Sapnap's acting like he's got a boyfriend and shit, what a joke. You're fucking straight with extra steps." The kid started to laugh; he must've found his own joke that funny. "You're literally a whole ass girl. What's your real name?"

"T-that's not true." Karl said simply, wishing he could be more confident, but his legs were staring to shake and his vision was getting even more warped from the tears that welled up in his eyes. "Karl is my real name..."

"Yeah, bullshit." The boy rolled his eyes, and bent down to get closer to Karl's level. "You're fucking disgusting. You're the reason why this generation is fucked."

"I don't care-" Karl started, but he kind of did.

"What the fuck?"

It was Sapnap. And he was pissed.

"Oh, yeah, looks like the knight is here to come get his princess." The kid turned around, and now he locked eyes with Sapnap instead. They already got rather close, and Karl finally took a nervous step backwards.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Sapnap was livid. Karl could literally see flames flickering in his eyes.

"I'm tired of your bullshit, Sapnap." The boy seethed, looking like he could spit on him. "Karl this, Karl that. You're not fucking gay. This is clearly a chick."