He was cool: Chapter Eighteen

"Who are you?" My Mom stared at Kingsley.

"Just a stranger," Kingsley replied back.

"Just a stranger?" Mom repeated the words with caution. "May I ask why are you in my daughters room at this time of night?"

"Just having a little fun," Kingsley winked putting his hands into his pocket. "Until you interrupted that is..."

"Wait a minute," Tessa's eyes went wide all of a sudden. "I know you... You're?"

"No one," I spoke before Kingsley could. "He just came over.. to-to."

"Play," Kingsley grinned.

"Some Chess!" I included quickly. Everyone in the room stared at me briefly with a strange expression, I opened my mouth and closed it me not even knowing why I said chess.

"Chess?" Tessa glared at me.

"At this time of night?" Mom stared at me suspiciously.

"If you'll excuse me," Kingsley ruffled his hair. "I'll just leave now," he yawned walking over to my door. I just stared at Kingsley along with Mom and Tessa as they watched him just casually leave my room and down the stairs with his heavy shoes and out the door with a slam.

"This bastard..." I spoke through clenched teeth.

"What happened?" Mom came over to me. Her expression turned into shock as she realized what was on my face. "Mary..." she whispered.

"Did he hit you?" Tessa sneered.

"No," I snorted. "I got into-" I stopped halfway from finishing the sentence.

"You got into what?" Mom exhaled lightly. "A fight? Is that what you got into?"

"Not only do you bring guys, but fight as well?" Tessa laughed.

"Tessa.." Mom spoke coldly. "This is none of your business, so please be quiet."

I watched with utter shock as Mom told Tessa straight up to shut up. My jaw dropped a little from the shock, but since it hurt to even move my face I just stared at mom.

"What happened?" Mom walked over to me. "Did he... do anything to you?"

"No," I spoke a little bit too quickly. "He didn't.." I exhaled.

"Don't lie to me Mary," Mom spoke softly. "Did he do this to you?"

"Mom..." I stared at her confused. "He didn't do anything.. I-I.." I mumbled the words. "Got into a fight," I scratched my hair.

"Your hair?" her eyes widened. "It's?"

"Gone," I finished her sentence. "I know."

"Is there something going on you should tell me Mary?" she walked closer to me. "I feel like you're not telling me the truth."

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head to the side. 

"Tessa has been telling me you've been going out late, partying and hanging out with guys recently..." Mom hesitated with her words as she spoke carefully.

"What?" I snapped and glared at Tessa.

"Well it's true isn't it?" Tessa crossed her arms together. "You seem to be going out way too much."

"Listen up here Tessa," I glared at her. "I have one mom already I don't need you acting as one too."

"I can't say whatever-"

"Tessa!" Mom snapped. "Leave!" she pointed at the door. Tessa turned a light shade of pink and stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind her. My heart sped up a little as Mom observed my face. She walked even closer to me, the closest she's ever been in her life and touched my cheek.