Lively Reunion

It was a rainy night, the water droplets trickled down the window. The quiet tapping of rain water filled the silent room.

The Russian sat on the couch and scrolled through his phone. All the trending topics were him and just him due to the commotion he caused earlier today.

'I wonder how he feels about this situation...'

His phone suddenly rang again, a message popped up.

<don't forget about dinner today, everyone's gonna gather together. You better not be late!

The Russian smiled warmly before replying,

I won't>

Russia finished the glass of vodka then got up to leave. He didn't want to be late. He wasn't drunk so he figured it was fine to drive on his own.

Soon he arrived at a brick house, it was fairly large and was quite old already. But the place was still very lively, the loud chatters and vibrant laughs could be heard from a mile away.

He took out an umbrella from the backseat and walked towards the building.

Russia traced his fingers on the dark brick walls until he got to the front door. He pressed the doorbell and waited for a response.

A lady opened the door, she had an apron on and thick circular glasses. She craned her head upwards in order to get a good look at Russia who was taller than her. "Hello Sister Georgia." (This is the USSR Georgia not the American state, don't get it mixed up)

"Hello Russia, everyone's inside, look at you, you're so tall and handsome now. Congratulations on your award!" Georgia smiled and led him inside by the hand.

There was a large table in the middle, it was filled with people. Everyone was lively and merry, enjoying their time.

Georgia took a deep breath before exclaiming to everyone, "Everyone, Russia is here!" She brought him to a seat.

Everyone's attention fell in the tall man that just walked through the doorway. Wide smiles appeared on their faces. "Hey Russia! Congratulations on your award." A young man congratulated him.

"Thank you Belarus."

Another man spoke up, "ah he's just as unsociable as he usually is, well some things never change." He chuckled and handed Russia a glass of what he presumes to be wine. "I see you're well Kazakhstan."

"I'm quite proud to know I have the number one actor as a part of my family." A familiar woman spoke, she brushed the tip of her finger around the rim of the glass.

Russia turned to her and gave her a greeting, "Thank you for letting me visit your clinic the other day Estonia." Estonia crossed her legs and sipped her wine, "it's nothing, anything for my little brother of course."

After not speaking for awhile, Russia spoke up again. "They aren't here right?" Georgia raised an eyebrow and sighed, "no way we would've invited them, you never liked them anyway and they used to bully you."

She continued again, "this is your special day, it's just the 15 of us." (This is referring to the 15 countries of the Soviet Union )

Russia nodded in acknowledgement then thanked them.

Latvia slapped Russia on the back, "we listened to your speech on stage and wow, I never knew you had it in you to actually say it out loud in front of everyone." Latvia was cheery and friendly, Russia could never be as open as he is but nonetheless he was a good person.

"Yeah! Are you getting closer? Are you friends already now?" Uzbekistan asked.

"We're... close I guess."

Another familiar lady in a suit walked up to him and teased, "You talked about him way too much, I'm going to be really mad if you don't end up together."

"Ukraine..." Russia's face flushed red a little out of embarrassment. "Congratulations on winning the award." She clinked her glass with his, the clinking sound was crisp and reverberated through the room. "Congratulations on getting the head organizer job in the award ceremony."

Both of them sat down after that.

Russia took a sip of the wine and raised an eyebrow. "This..."

Georgia cut in, "ah yes, China came by earlier and dropped these off for us, he was in a rush so I didn't manage to thank him. Can you send him my thanks when you see him?"

"Okay, also, China actually has a filming around this time today."

"Ah so that's why he was in a rush, well I'm happy that he took some time to send us these even if he's busy."

Georgia continued, "well anyways let's enjoy the meal, we shouldn't keep you here too long since you have a tight schedule for a few days."

And so they enjoyed their meals, Russia was indeed quite busy for the next few days. Everyone else had their own lives to live as well.

They all left one by one, now it was only Russia and Georgia left. "Russia, you've grown a lot..."

"Mhm."

"You're busier nowadays, it's quite sad that you won't be able to meet your family for long periods of time."

"Mhm."

"You know, you don't have to show up to celebrations like our birthday or Christmas or anything if you're busy."

Russia turned to her before speaking, "Even though we are all not blood related, you are still my family."

She was stunned for a moment before smiling. "I guess so."

"By the way my manger found out who I was talking about on my speech. Was I too obvious?" Russia asked nonchalantly and innocently. Georgia was too stunned for words, shocked speechlessness.

'was he even trying to hide it?'

"Why didn't you mention their name during your speech?" Georgia asked curiously. Russia was quiet for awhile before replying, "I don't want to burden him, I know a lot of hateful attention is directed towards him right now. I just don't want to add his stress."

"I'm going to help him clear his name, I'm sure of it." Russia said determinedly, despite his calm expression, since Georgia spent her entire life with him, she could tell.

"Then I wish you good luck."

Russia left just as his phone rang either a text message. It was from America. The Russian gripped his umbrella tighter as the rain poured down.

< it's raining quite heavily don't forget to bring an umbrella if you go outside.

A warm smile appeared on the Russian's face.

--------------------

If you're wondering about Russia's relationship with his family and China...You'll know soon.

Notes : 1 spell check