Where It Started

Tw : angst

As the bus rolled around, America stared into the distance. China noticed this odd behavior and tapped him on the shoulder.

The American jumped in surprise and almost fell. "Are you okay? You've been in a daze for quite a long time."

His face flushed red, "uhm yeah I'm fine.." He said as he rubbed his cheeks.

China cocked his head in suspicion but no longer questioned it.

On the bus, America sat down alone near the front but not long after Russia came and sat next to him.

America panicked, wanting to get out but he felt like that would be a bit rude so he reluctantly just sat there.

Wanting to divert his attention, he opened his phone and scrolled through social media, America didn't usually do that but he didn't have a choice right now.

After awhile America's face slowly but surely darkened with an odd expression. "America what's wrong?" Russia asked worriedly.

America sighed and shut off his phone, "it's nothing, just..." he trailed off.

Russia immediately understood, "don't pay mind to what they say."

"Yeah I know thank you though, I'm not sad about it anyways, I'm used to it." America smiled at Russia but then turned away to watch the clouds through the window.

Since America knew now that he liked Russia, he wanted to get closer but then again he was very afraid of losing one of the only friends he had.

'The old me would have no problem with this...'

Seeing America's expression of deep thought, Russia assumed he was still feeling sad about what he saw on social media.

He patted his head in reassurance, the American was caught off guard and blushed bright red for a second.

Of course he did not resist.

When the bus finally arrived they bid their farewells and left, Russia's gaze lingered on America for a few seconds longer before leaving as well.

Russia finally reached home but he couldn't shake off an odd feeling at the back of his heart. He paced around his apartment for awhile wondering what to do.

In the end he just sat down on his couch and scrolled through his phone. He found a few clips of the show circling around the media, a lot of which were just clips of America.

He was the talk of the town, from day one to day five they all found problems with him. The amount of hate comments could've flooded the entire city.

Russia furrowed his brows in discontent, feeling very annoyed. He powered off his phone, feeling as if he'd throw it out of his window if he scrolled through more posts.

America flashed through his mind, he suddenly got quite worried. He also felt longing, he wanted to be with him right now.

Russia got up and walked over to his car, he drove half an hour to get there. Their apartments were quite far apart.

When Russia got there he rushed up to America's apartment and rang the doorbell.

No answer