I Love You

"Huh! That's how we met?" America raised his eyebrows in surprise. The Russian nodded slowly, his entire face was still tomato red.

America cupped his face in his hands to force him to face America directly in the eye. "W-what are you doing?" He stuttered.

The American's eyes twinkled in delight, "holy shit you grew so much I didn't even recognize you anymore!"

The person in front of him overlapped with the one in his memories when he was younger.

"How'd you grow so much?"

"I started eating properly and practiced hard to become an actor as great as you are. China helped me a lot get to where I am now."

Then America thought hard for awhile.

"...the meals that Japan usually gives me... you made those didn't you?"

"Ah... yes I did... I thought if you received them from me you wouldn't accept so I asked Japan to help."

"How silly of you to think I wouldn't want food made by my crush." America chuckled and released his hands. The Russian didn't let him go and this time he grabbed both the shorter male's wrists.

America let out a Hmm, "how eager you are, you were just embarrassed out of your mind a few seconds ago and now you're doing this."

"You- What did you just say?" His eyes were wide in surprise, it also twinkled with anticipation.

Before America could even tease him about it, a streak of tears rolled down the taller male's cheek. The American froze in shock for a second, did he do something wrong...?

"I-Im sorry, it's just, everyone tells me to give up on you, since I was young until now, they said I was wasting my time waiting for you to look at me-" he wiped his tears then regained his composure.

America grinned, he placed his arms on one of Russia's hand and guided it to the side of his own face. "Then you're the luckiest fan to ever exist."

While the taller male was stunned in place America leaned over and kissed him.

After they parted the Russian leaned in and hugged him, then he sighed in happiness and relief.

"Would you like to keep this relationship a secret from the fans?" The American asked Russia as he hugged back. "Mhm I don't want any more negative attention on you for now."

"I really don't mind if they know though."

"I do."

The American raised an eyebrow, "okay fine, is around a month fine?"

"Yeah that's fine."

America puffed his cheeks and parted from the long hug , "seriously though I think you're a blessing to me so I don't see anything bad with letting the public know!"

"I mean... I feel the same way towards you..." Russia lowered his head. "я тебя люблю (I love you)" America chuckled.

The Russian's eyes widened once more, he tackled the other male and pinned him down. "What did you just say?" His eyes shone eagerly.

"Good things should only be said once." He replied with a sly smile. Then American lowered his gaze, "I do... feel bad for not recognizing you even after I promised you something like that. I can't imagine how you must've felt when I re introduced myself to you as if we've never met."

Russia raised an eyebrow, already composed rather than bashful, "Are you really saying that as I'm pinning you down?"

This time America chuckled and it was his turn to feel a little embarrassed as his face flushed a light red.