Scheduled Meeting

"These are some clients willing to sponsor you to act in their commercial, say hello." America's manager urged him with her elbow.

America was spaced out but snapped back into it with the small action. "Hello I'm America it's a pleasure to meet you." He greeted with a smile. Although his face seemed sincere he really wasn't.

While having the meeting with the commercial sponsors, his manager did the talking and he just used his phone secretly under the desk.

Let's meet up again soon when I have free time, are you working on something rn? :) >

America was texting Russia and always found it oddly relaxing when texting him compared to others. Soon a reply came in without waiting too long.

<Ok and not at the moment

A smile spread on the American's face without him realizing it. Russia was such a stuffy texter with such dry replies but it always makes him feel so special and happy. How can someone so stiff make him so happy?

Lately they've been texting each other often with a daily "good morning" and "good night" well it was mostly America though, Russia always replies with "you too"

The sponsors knew that America wasn't paying attention to what they were saying but they didn't care. As long as he acted for the commercial then it would be fine.

"Are you perhaps texting Japan?" A sponsor dared to ask, trying to get closer to the number one star. Seeing how happy his expression was everyone could put two and two together to figure out the person he's texting must be special to him.

America's face was a bit bewildered but he didn't allow his expression to be seen through.

The sponsor continued with an explanation, "well you see there are articles circling around the internet because you were seen at the mall with Japan the other day."

"Oh, I just happen to meet them that's all."

The sponsors didn't look like they were buying it, they kept giving him suggestive looks which really annoyed him. He really wished he could just slap them but of course that would be rude so he just rolled his eyes and said in a clearly pissed tone, "we're just friends don't stick your noses into other people's business."

The sponsors were wary, of course they wanted to retort but they're worried it might make America decline the acting offer so they kept their mouths shut.

America often updated his social media's when something happened, a lot of people bombarded him with notifications about the articles. Obviously he already read a few of them.

What annoyed him the most was that the articles never mentioned he was also with Russia and not only those two girls.

When the meeting was over his manager and him took their leave and got into the car. She started nagging him as soon as they did, "Didn't I tell you specifically not to go to the mall with anyone? Now look at all these articles about you and Japan circling around!"

"I really did just happen to meet them though."

"Yeah right, even if you did, the media wouldn't be so nice as to include that in their articles." She narrowed her eyes. America stared out the window with his chin propped up on his palm.

America pressed his lips into a thin line and felt irritated, "I'm really not involved with Japan other than being friends! I-" he paused for a second.

A specific tall figure with a stiff and cold personality and handsome face appeared in his head.

"I.. I think I'm already interested in someone else."

The car abruptly halted into a stop, America was almost sent flying. His manager turned to look him in the face. "Be careful who you like and what you do." She warned him with a low tone.

"Yeah yeah I know, I won't do anything rash."

She started the car again, "don't mention this to anyone either, poor girl would be bombarded by your die hard fans." America almost laughed out loud when his manager said "poor girl" but managed to hold it in.

He smiled, "don't worry I won't."

The scenery was a blur amidst the road. They were on their way to America's photoshoot.

When they got there the entire team liked to just stare at America sometimes. Well he was quite used to the stares so he didn't mind.

After the photoshoot he got a text message from someone. It was the second star,

<Hey America, there's this small area in town with the greatest scenery and food and its pretty remote as well so we wouldn't have to wear masks. Do you wanna join me there after your business today? I also have stuff I need to talk to you about. Let me know if you're interested!

America read the message a few more times, his first thought was, 'maybe I can bring Russia here next time if the place is as nice as she says.'

Sure, how does 5 today sound?>

She replied a second later

<Sounds good, see you there.

After the incident last time he promised his manager he would tell her whenever he wanted to go out so he walked up to her as she was speaking to one of the staff.

"Hey uh a friend invited me to go eat at 5, do you think I can go? It's a pretty remote place so there's not much people." He tried to convince her.

She thought about it for a few second, "sure just don't stay out later than 9, we have a movie shoot tomorrow and you better be on time."

America's face beamed with happiness, "okay!"

-----------------------
Ahem

I'm self aware my art isn't very good haha but I wanted to try a shading style

I'm self aware my art isn't very good haha but I wanted to try a shading style. So take the artwork with a grain of salt, you can make up whatever about how y'all think he looks like as a human.

Also America and Russia are both canonly switches in this story only. So yeah you can tell where I'm going with this

Next chapter is the absolute worst and also the last chapter of the flashback (I might make it longer than usual as well but who knows)

Notes : 1 spell check