Companion Cube (Security Cube part 2)

➳Thank you like14accounts for the idea. This is a bit on the softer side. Also if you guys have any ideas for future one-shots I'd love to hear them.

Ranboo had been teleporting around the lawn all morning. He was in a deep focus of moving grass blocks from across the biome into Techno's once beautifully manicured front lawn.

Phil watched from the window of the cabin, not wanting to break the enderman hybrid's focus. Techno was sitting inside with him anxiously writing in a journal.

Techno snapped the book closed. "Phil I can't do this anymore."

"What?" Phil said, turning around.

"He's tearing up my lawn!"

"It's his enderman instinct, go easy on him."

"This is the third day in a row," Techno rolling his eyes. "The kid is determined to just destroy my landscaping."

"Well, I think it's nice. I read that when enderman do that they are claiming the territory as their own and arranging blocks to keep their family safe." Phil said.

"But it's My Lawn," Techno half growled. Phil seemed taken aback by Techno's sudden mood swing.

"Calm down Tech, it's just some grass," Phil said, trying to deescalate the situation.

Techno growled. Phil knew what was coming. He stood up and walked to the door, standing in front of it.

"Let me outside Phil," Techno demanded. His eyes were turning red.

"Let's take some deep breaths, Techie," Phil said. He took some obnoxiously large breaths to show Techno what to do. Techno ignored Phil. He tried to push the man away from the door.

Techno had no success. Phil had anticipated this and remained still. He spread out his wings. "Techno..." Phil warned.

The piglin hybrid grunted. He backed down from Phil and walked slowly back into the living room. Phil retracted his wings, keeping a careful eye on Techno. The pigling hybrid buried his face in his hands, embarrassed for his territorial outburst. He was fine going feral in battle, but he never wanted to hurt Phil or Ranboo.

"I'm sorry..." Techno said when he felt calm again.

"It's ok mate. I know how ya' get all territorial sometimes," Phil said. "How about we ask Ranboo to come inside?"

"Yeah."

Phil walked to the door and opened it. "Ranboo! Can you come inside?"

The enderman hybrid snapped his head around. With a happy enderman squeak, he teleported in front of Phil, holding a dirt block.

"⏁⊑⟟⌇ ⟟⌇ ⎎⍜⍀ ⊬⍜⎍!" Ranboo said in ender.

"Um Ranboo, I don't speak ender."

Ranboo noticed and made a squawk of embarrassment. "Oh um, sorry," Ranboo said, rubbing the back of his neck. "This is for you." Ranboo handed Phil the dirt block.

"Thank you mate," Phil said smiling.

Ranboo stepped inside the house. Techno looked up from the couch and shot Ranboo a tight smile. Ranboo could tell it was forced.

Is Techno mad at me? Ranboo thought. Oh no... what did I do? I don't remember doing anything... I should make it up to him. I'll give him a gift!

"I'll be right back!" Ranboo said. The enderman teleported to his shack outside. He sorted through his ender chest. There he found it, his golden cube. He had made it a while ago, for seemingly no reason besides that it was fun to hold. He grabbed it and teleported back to the house.

Ranboo walked over to Techno and sat down. The piglin hybrid stiffened.

"Hello, Techno!" Ranboo greeted.

"Hey," Techno said.

"I got this for you... I hope you like it," Ranboo said. He handed Techno the golden cube. The piglin's eyes widened. He let out an involuntary squeal. Techno hugged the cube to his chest, feeling calm. Gold always relaxed him.

"Thank you," Techno whispered. He smiled at the enderman hybrid, a real smile now. Maybe Techno could tolerate Ranboo's lawn destroying habits.