Phil's Nest

➳Obligatory wing fic because I said so. pls like it or I'm gonna cry. also no shipping or anything sexual here-don't be a creep. 

In the middle of Techno's living room, Phil had built his nest. It was nesting season for bird hybrids. Nests were composed of blankets, pillows, clothing of family members, and basically any soft material Phil could find. The nest was a sacred space for bird hybrids. Only people considered family were allowed in. Normally Phil would drag Tommy, Wilbur, or Techno into the nest to sit with him, but his sons were either busy or dead.

So Phil sat in his nest alone most days, it was lonely. He wished his family would sit in his nest again, the presence of his loved ones was calming. Sometimes he was tempted to invite Ranboo over to sit with him but knew better of it. He didn't want to make the enderman hybrid uncomfortable.

---➳

Ranboo was cold and tired. It was freezing in his little shack behind Techno's cabin. It was a bad idea to go strip mining for hours on end, now that he thought of it. His limbs felt like iron and he just wanted to sleep. It was too cold to rest. He knew that Phil would let him stay in the cabin overnight, he had invited Ranboo to actually live there with them, but Ranboo never wanted to invade Phil and Techno's privacy.

The enderman squeezed his eyes shut and teleported into the kitchen of the cabin. He arrived there out of breath,

"Hello?" Ranboo called out into the house. He received no answer. He stumbled into the living room and saw the pile of blankets and pillows on the ground, arranged in a circle.

Phil's nest, a voice in the back of Ranboo's head whispered.

Warm another voice whispered. Warm safe warm safe.

Ranboo didn't care if it was Phil's nest or not. It looked comfortable. The enderman hybrid stepped in the nest and curled into a ball. It was warm, as the voice promised. It smelled like home. Ranboo soon dozed off in Phil's nest, falling into a deep slumber.

---➳

Phil woke up at the crack of dawn. He stretched his wings, then put on his fuzzy green bathrobe over his pajamas. It was always chilly downstairs in the cabin in the mornings.

When Phil walked downstairs he could sense something was off. He stood still, listening for breathing. He heard a low grumble of breaths admitting from the living room. He tiptoed there, hand on a sword. Phil was shocked to see someone was in his nest.

Ranboo? Oh my god, Ranboo's in my nest! One side of Phil's brain thought.

Flock, flock, flock, The bird-brain part of Phil's brain screamed. Of course, the bird brain part won. Phil climbed into the nest, careful not to disturb the sleeping Ranboo. He spread out his wings and curled them around the nest protectively. He was careful not to touch Ranboo, he didn't know how the hybrid would react to waking up in Phil's nest.

---➳

Ranboo was cozy. Everything around him was soft and dark. Rubbed his eyes and took in his bearings. He could see a wooden ceiling, he must be in Techno's cabin... but how? Was he kidnapped?

He could hear another person's breathing. His head snapped in that direction. He could make out green robes.

"Mr. Minecraft?" Ranboo whispered.

"Good morning Ranboo!" Phil said, yawning.

"Where are we?"

"Techno's living room, in my nest."

"Your...nest?" Ranboo said sluggishly.

"I'm a bird hybrid," Phil reminded Ranboo.

"Oh yeah!" Ranboo exclaimed. "Wait... I'm not supposed to be in here. Shoot, this is your family nest right?! Oh god, I'm so sorry. It was freezing last night and I was exhausted and it looked warm. I'm so sorry-"

"Ranboo. Ranboo, it's ok," Phil said smiling. The enderman hybrid seemed to calm down a bit. "It's nice to have someone in my nest."

"Oh ok good, good. Do you want me to leave?"

Phil's heart dropped. His bird-brain told him he didn't want Ranboo to leave his nest. "You can stay if you'd like." Please stay, please stay, you are part of my flock, you just don't know it yet.

Ranboo hesitated for a moment. It was probably still freezing outside, and it was much more comfortable here than in his shack. "I'll stay then."

Phil let out a small chirp of victory. Ranboo stared up at the man in amazement. He tried to make the sound but ended up sounding like a cat being strangled. Phil chuckled at the boy's attempt.

Ranboo looked at the wall of feather's enclosing them. He realized now that they were Phil's wings. "Can I touch your wings, Mr. Minecraft?"

Phil nodded. Flock yesssssss. His bird-brain said.

Ranboo gently stroked Phil's feathers. They were glossy, smooth, and surprisingly soft. Phil let out a trill of content. It felt nice, the way someone might run their fingers through someone's hair.

Flock, groom flock.

Before Phil knew what he was doing he grabbed Ranboo and pulled him over. The boy's head rested on Phil's lap. His green and red eyes stared up at Phil.

Phil whistled and chirped as his fingers combed through Ranboo's half black, half white hair. Ranboo was tense at first but soon relaxed when he saw Phil wasn't going to hurt him. It felt nice to have a father's touch, even if Phil wasn't his real father. Ranboo was getting sleepy. He melted under Phil's touch and drifted off to sleep peacefully.

Flock flock flock flock yessssss

Phil sighed. He remained still, curling his down, allowing Ranboo more rest.

---➳

Ranboo woke up two hours later.

"Good morning, again," Phil said, looking down at the enderman hybrid face in his lap.

"Good morning Dadza..." Ranboo mumbled, still groggy after sleeping for hours.

Phil beamed at his newfound title of 'dadza'. "You feel more well-rested?"

"Sure do," Ranboo said. The enderman hybrid sat up and looked around him. Phil lowered his wing walls so the kid could leave if he wanted to. "Thank you for letting me in your nest... even if I wasn't initially invited."

"You're always welcome in my nest, Ranboo," Philza said smiling. "You are part of my flock after all."

Ranboo had a wide smile on his face. He knew that being considered part of a bird hybrid flock was basically being considered family. Ranboo hugged Phil, pulling his unofficial father close.