Ranboo Goes Feral: Ft. Michael and Tubbo

A/N: I wrote this fast, sorry for any errors. This takes place in the same AU of Ranboo Grows wings, just a year or two later. Remember that everything here is platonic, including Tubbo's and Ranboo's marriage. :D

CW: mention of tics (sorry for not putting this earlier!)

Ranboo paced across the main living room of the mansion. He made the occasional "chirp" then "whoop" sound while picking up and placing dirt blocks around the room at random. Michael and Tubbo were out on a mining trip and Ranboo was all alone. He didn't usually mind having the house to himself. You see, he much preferred his family to be there but it was nice to just relax and go feral on both his hybrid sides.

Tubbo knew that Ranboo was a bird hybrid and an enderman hybrid, the wings, and skin gave it away. Tubbo himself was a ram hybrid. Ranboo, unlike Tubbo though, was hesitant to show his hybrid traits around his family. He didn't want to scare Michael or Tubbo by dragging them into a nest and potentially keeping them captive until his bird-brain let them go. He wanted to act normal around his family, so Michael could set a good example of how to behave human-like in public.

It wasn't easy suppressing hybrid instincts. Ranboo was at the point of near insanity about nesting. Every fiber of his being told him to make a nest in the living room. Ranboo was currently combatting this instinct. He had also developed tics from not following his instincts enough. Nowadays he was always tense and stressed. Ranboo knew that if Phil saw him in this state he would be disappointed.

The mansion doorbell wrung. Ranboo opened it to see snow-covered Tubbo holding a sleeping Michael in his arms.

"He got tired and fell asleep," Tubbo explained.

"Ah," Ranboo said, taking Michael from Tubbo's grasp. He carried the sleeping piglin to the living room where a fireplace was already going.

Ranboo let out a few low trills and enderman noises, fighting the urge to bundle up Michael in a million blankets and drag him into a nest.

"So... um, how was mining?" Ranboo asked.

Tubbo took off his snowy coat and boots. "It was good for the first part of the day. Michael didn't wander off this time which was good. I would've stayed longer but it started to snow."

"Yeah," Ranboo cleared his throat. "It's good you came back when you did."

"You ok?" Tubbo asked. Ranboo could pick up on the concern in his voice.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just tired I guess."

"Uh-huh," Tubbo said, not buying the lie. "Let's take a nap then."

Ranboo picked up Michael from the couch and carried him into his and Tubbo's bedroom. Tubbo and Ranboo got changed into their matching dino PJs. they sandwiched Michael in between them. Keeping their son close.

Ranboo woke up from the nap to voices whispering in his head.

Nest now. NOW!

Safe

The voices were overwhelming. Ranboo covered his ears in a futile attempt to block out the noise. He slowly rocked back and forth on the bed. Trying his best to calm down.

NEST NOW!

The became gradually louder. Ranboo was unaware that he was making any noise until he felt Tubbo rustle in bed.

"Ranboo?" Tubbo whispered.

Ranboo was still rocking, he didn't have the energy to reply to Tubbo's question.

"Ranboo what the heck are you doing?"

"Nest..." Ranboo whispered.

"What? Do we need to call Phil?" Tubbo said. He was still whispering of fear of waking Michael. Lucky the piglin was a heavy sleeper.