1.8 II No Offense, But I'm Not Going In There

ANDREA MIKAELSON SAT ON THE DINING TABLE IN THE MCCALL HOUSEHOLD, HER MOTHER SITTING NEAR HER. Andy hadn't said anything to her. Instead, she was too wrapped up in her mind, thinking about the awkwardness in the real-life situation. Hayley looked to her daughter and sighed, opening her mouth, "Andrea, I know that you don't want to forgive me but-"

Andy looked to her mother, wanting to know why she stopped in the middle of her heart-to-heart conversation. She saw her mother looking guiltily down at her hands. Andy sighed and rolled her eyes thinking, I'm so going to regret this

She grabbed her mother's hands as she looked at her, "I'm not going to forgive you.. now, maybe give me some time and maybe- just maybe we'll finally be a family"

Hayley looked to her daughter with a teary gaze. She smiled, and Andy smiled back. Hayley's grip on her daughter's hands tightened as she said, "I never wanted to push you away Andy"

Andy listened closely to her mother. Hanging on every word that she uttered. Hayley continued, "I love you and your sister, but with all the things going on... I forgot about you. Believe me when I say that I never meant to forget about you"

Hayley chuckled bitterly as a tear fell from her brown eyes, "I know how it feels to have shitty parents, I never knew that I'd end up being a shitty parent"

Andy's grip tightened this time. Hayley looked to her, "Give me a second chance Andy, please... and this time there is no chance that I will forget about you"

"Never again", Hayley repeated as another tear fell. Her mother's hands pulled from hers. Hayley wiped the fallen tears from her olive cheeks. She smiled sadly at her daughter and said, "I should probably let you think, you care about them."

Hayley left her daughter sitting there with guilt and sadness sitting in her stomach. Andy looked to her open hand. Seeing the tears that fell on the table. Wiping them away she fisted her hand saying, "Never again"