0.1 II Birthday Wish

IT HAD BEEN SOME TIME since she had gotten used to the feeling of getting pushed away, the feeling of always being the second choice to someone. It was a feeling that had become common to her. It was hilariously ironic, the family that valued the bonds between the members of the family was tettering on the edge of losing their youngest.

The day was not going to be anything different for her. She was going to go on just like she always did. With a fake smile and the submission to her parents' every wish. But, it seemed that god had decided to change gears that day. She was running late and she needed her grimoire. The same one that she valued over anything, the one that had been given to her by her grandmother.

The one that had never had a soft spot for anyone (other than Andrea). 

"Mom?"

She never would call her mother for anything. She'd handle everything herself. Be it some problems from school, boy problems or anything, or be it problems relating to her powers, everything she'd do herself.

"Yes Andrea?", Came the bored tone of her mother, it wasn't a new thing. She'd heard the same tone turn into one of interest and adoration when her sister came into her mother's view, "What do you need now?"

"Where's my grimoire?", She asked, standing in front of her mother who was lounging on the armchair in the living room with a book open in front of her, "I can't find it— I left it on my bed."

"Hope has it.", Hayley answered, flipping a page, "She spilled some water on hers and she needed a grimoire— so I gave her yours."

"Where's Hope then?", She asked, her temper was short just like her father's was. Hope had taken her grimoire, as strong as her sister was she wasn't very stable— she was very very clumsy, "I need my grimoire."

"And I need you to stop annoying me Andrea.", Hayley answered back, she closed the book that she had been reading, "Just take the grimoire after Hope's done."

"She's more powerful than you— she needs control.", Hayley continued as she got up, she placed her hands on her hips looking Andrea straight in the eyes, "Your powers can be controlled easily, alright?"

Ouch, She sighed and nodded, she wasn't in the mood to get into an argument with her mother, "Understood mother— I'll take it after she's done."

She didn't get an answer back. As expected. Her mother walked away from her, not looking back not muttering even a word. She sighed and walked back towards her rooms— it'd be better for her to sketch instead of wait for her sister or wallow in her loneliness.

*

It was a special day, it was also the reason behind why she had needed her grimoire. It was her sister and her's birthday. She wanted to conjure a small gift for her sister— just a nice pendant or something. But, she had been unable to since her grimoire had been occupied by her sister the whole day.

She was in the living room, her sister sat on the other armchair with her sketchbook in her hands and her free hand furiously sketching. The doors to the house banged open, she jumped and then relaxed.

It wasn't a new thing. It was her sister and hers birthday— which meant that in her parents' and aunts and uncles' eyes it was her sister's birthday. She watched as her father carried a cake with sparkling candles shining on the top and a large grin on his face, "Happy birthday my littlest wolf."

Technically I'm the littlest wolf. She sat up, watching as they surrounded her sister. She clapped along, with a small fake smile, Happy Birthday Sis. She just wished that it was also her that was being surrounded by them.

She felt someone nudge her, her neck snapped towards the person. Marcel, "What are you doing sitting here like someone died?"

"I'm just wishing my sister a nice year ahead."

"What about you Andy?", Marcel asked, taking a seat on the arm of her chair, "It's your birthday too— did you make a wish?"

"Don't have a cake— or a gift.", She shrugged, "Doesn't matter if I make a wish or not— doesn't feel like my birthday anyways."

Marcel smiled, putting something in front of her, "There we go— and here we go."

He had put a birthday hat on her head. She had a gift in front of her, she looked up at him with a grin on her face, "Where's the cake?"

"Couldn't find one.", He shrugged, looking at her apologetically, "But—"

"I did!"

She jumped, Simon Fuller, her best friend stood there with a small cupcake in his hands, "Happy Birthday Andy!"

She smiled, small tears forming at the corner of her eyes, "Thank you— the both of you."

Simon rolled his eyes at her, "You're not supposed to cherish the cupcake for all eternity you dumbarse— blow out the fucking candles!"

Behind them her sister's celebration continued while her small celebration started, she deadpanned at Simon, "Alright you british pain in the ass."

She looked down at the cupcake and closed her eyes for a second, I wish to— to get away— I just— I just want someone to love me. She blew out the candles. Simon nudged her, "What'd ya wish for?"

"I—"

"You don't tell anyone your wish Andy.", Marcel interrupted her, narrowing his eyes at her, "Otherwise it doesn't come true."

"I don't think it'll come true anyway.", She smiled bitterly, "I wanted to get away from here— away from my family, from my sister and all their bullshit."