0.4 II New Place, Old Friends

THEY WERE GOING TO BEACON HILLS, CALIFORNIA. She didn't know why Marcel had chosen this town, but judging from the scenery of the town that passed her, she understood why. The town was quiet but it was also lively. Simon had been driving for a few hours, they had taken the long way to California.

According to Simon the town was also home to a few werewolves and on the way to their new house they were going to visit Simon's old friends, "Who are these people may I ask?"

"Well, one thing you should know, there are different types of werewolves.", Simon said, the wind blowing in his slightly overgrown hair, "The northern tribe of werewolves is the one that you know, the ones that are cursed."

"There's the western tribe, the ones that my friends in this town are.", Simon said, looking at the girl, "The wolves here can be born as wolves or they can be bitten and become werewolves."

"The bite has a fifty percent chance of working."

"If it doesn't work?"

"Then the person bitten dies.", He answered shrugging, "Sad I know— but too many people would be werewolves if there was a 100% chance."

She nodded, she'd heard worse things being a part of the Mikaelson family. She cleared her throat, "Have you been in touch with your friends in this town?"

"I called a few weeks ago— heard something about some Duke.", Simon shrugged, "I have no clue the fuck they were going on about— but at least now I can check it out."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "I don't trust your hearing abilities."

"That only happened one time,", He exclaimed, "I didn't know that things like that could be sounds for things like that."

"One time, yeah right.", She scoffed, shaking her head, "One time was enough— I didn't have to walk in on some people having sex!"

*

"You're very lucky."

She glanced at Simon with a raised eyebrow, "What the hell are you going on about?"

He grinned at her, giving her a mischieveous wink, "Don't flatter yourself sweetheart, I meant that you're very lucky to be friends with me."

She wanted to throw a brick at his face. She pinched the bridge of her nose, resting her hand on the door's handle, "Can we just get out of the car— or do you have any other delusional observation that you want to share with the class?"

"Yes.", He nodded, "I just observed that I'm very hot."

"I would like to say that you're not,", She shook her head, "But you are."

He chuckled, throwing his head back, "Thanks Andy!"

She shook her head in amusement, pulling open the door of the convertible, she looked over her shoulder, he was still laughing, "Get the fuck up! You look like a lunatic."

"That would be an accurate view Andy."

She shook her head again, placing her hands in her pockets, watching as the male got out of the car and locked it, "Can we just go meet your friends?— assuming that they're even your friends."

"Hey!", He pouted, "I do have friends."

"The last friends that you introduced me to were ones that wanted to kill you.", She rolled her eyes, "I have no need or want to be killed by people today— I've just gotten my freedom."