chapter 002

CLUTCHING MY SCHOOLBAG, I opened the school doors and made my way to my locker

Fridays...

Glancing at my watch, It was 7:50, I decided to catch up on some math homework with a few minutes to spare. Minutes pass and I ended up sitting on the floor of the hallway just confused with these equations.

Will we even use this kind of math in everyday life?

Deciding that this was pointless, I stood up and placed my books back into my locker and looked into my locker mirror getting lost in thought until-

"LINA!"

Startled, accidentally slamming my locker door. I turn to see Paris's face, plastered with her usual huge grin. She was always excited about Monday's. A weird quirk about her, but she takes the opportunity every Monday to "be whoever she wants to be" each week. Personally, I'm not sure if it's just an excuse to buy more clothes or what, but I don't question that about her.

"PARIS. AMELIA. WINSTEAD."

Glowering at Paris for startling me, she sheepishly smiles,

"Do you wanna go shopping after school?" Tilting her head slightly, letting her blonde ponytail brush against her right shoulder.

Pinning my hair up for a half up half down look, gazing at her with a remorseful look on my face.

I can't let her down.

But Alinna you're busy, just learn to say 'no' for once.

"Paris, I can't... I have a meeting with Mr.Howard regarding the-"

"Yeah, yeah, the big shot school in Sicily for their program in design. I'm sorry I forgot about that. I just want to spend more girl time together." Frowning... well more like pouting, she pulls me in for a hug and squeezes me,

"I know you got this, Mason Cantley is yet again, another useless roadblock on your way to success, don't forget about me when you're 'interior designing' up in Beverly Hills okay?"

"A useless roadblock? That's a new one ..Italy." Leaning against the archway of the halls, Mason Cantley magically appeared, crossing his arms, shooting a deadly glare at me.

If looks could kill... Sheesh.

Alinna this IS kinda your fault, not gonna lie.

Oh shut up.

Scrunching up her face, she slowly faces him, mimicking his stance,

"Italy? Really? Aren't you a funny one Cantley."

"Aww c'mon Paris you know I don't mean that, your name is just...really forgettable."

"As if 'Mason' isn't a forgettable name it's so basic-"

An arm snakes around my neck –startling me, turning to see who's it was, almost jumping from excitement. It was my best friend.

"Okay, okay, guys... as much as I'd LOVE to see this fight, which we both know Paris would beat the living daylight out of you. WE have better things to do than to bicker with you."

Hearing that familiar warm voice I turn to face my best friend.

Benji, Ben, Benny, Benjamin Torres– my childhood best friend of 15 years. I love Paris but I've known her for only 6 years. Nonetheless, Paris and Benny are my closest friends ever, and to be honest, I couldn't live without them. And with Benny being back from his annual trip to Argentina, I don't feel as lonely anymore.

"BENNY!"

Paris and I shout in unison and almost tackle him with a huge bear hug,

"I missed you girls, so much. But I got ya'll something!"

Each year he visits Buenos Aires, Argentina to visit his relatives, and ALWAYS brings something small for us back. He grabs his jet black leather schoolbag and reveals two bright pink gift bags, embellished with hot pink rhinestones and tiny pink satin bows. The difference is the name tags, one red and one blue–Blue for Paris and red for me. Paris has no hesitation and grabs the bag from Benny, looking inside, and pulls out,

"A ceramic.. penguin pitcher? How did you not break this? You're literally clumsier than a newborn giraffe."

"Apparently it's called a pingüino, and just be grateful, It took a lot of patience for it to not shatter because of my butter fingers."

Benny hands me my gift bag, and it's a pair of ash brown leather two-inch heeled boots. 

"Argentina is one of the biggest exporters and consumers of beef, therefore being extremely well-known for their luxury leather products– plus I knew how much you needed a new pair of boots."

The smooth texture of the shoes felt almost frictionless against my fingertips. I love them. Tearing up I look up to Benny with watery eyes,

"Thank you so much." Giving him an affectionate look of gratitude,

"No problem Lina." Returning my gaze with a small warm smile.

A coughing fit interrupts our moment, turning to see who it was, only to find that unfortunately Mason, was just intentionally trying to disrupt us.

"Did you get anything for me... Dear Benny Bear?"

Cooing that last bit– trying to mock me. His eyes drift to mine and his face returns to its stoic nature. He strides over to me, walks straight past me, but not before intentionally bumping my shoulder. Watching him leave, I couldn't help but stare. Before turning around to face Benny and Paris, I get a text message notification. Grabbing my schoolbag to open it up, I find my glittery pink iPhone and unlock it.

Mason Cantley texted me.

>>>See you in the principals office later today.

Oh...yikes this can't be fun.

authors note: uhm I still hate it but idk im not sure if its because I KNOW what's gonna happen or if my writing is bad LMAOO