chapter 006

CARAMEL POPCORN WAS SCATTERED ALL OVER my TV stand

CARAMEL POPCORN WAS SCATTERED ALL OVER my TV stand. It was Paris' turn tonight to have the first pick through the movies we brought. She chose Legally Blonde. Some might say it's fitting since she looks like Reese Witherspoon's long lost daughter with a mix of Kendall Jenner. But in reality, she only chose that movie so I wouldn't be bored out of my mind for her next choice. Which was almost always some new Sci-Fi movie, I have no hate for the Science-Fiction genre but it just gets so confusing. I think I only like one Sci-Fi movie–if Wall-E counts.

Amira takes another handful of popcorn and throws it at the screen that displayed Warren Huntington III in 8K resolution. This was the scene at the end of Elle Woods' court case for Mrs.Windham.

Hearing the name Brooke Windham never fails to make me freeze up. But speaking of Brooke Windham, I'd rather take the fall for murder instead of telling everyone I had liposuction done to my body. I mean, getting work done isn't something you should be embarrassed about, but If I built an entire workout empire off of lies, then jail here I come.

"And that I was wrong, and you are the girl for me."

Amira loudly gasps, shouting at the TV. "LIAR!"

Paris taps her shoulder, trying to pry her eyes off the movie. "Amira, have you ever watched this movie?" Amira shakes her head no, replying,

"My family really likes nature documentaries. They never really put these kinds of movies on for me. Plus I didn't really go out to watch movies much, usually working in my room." Grabbing another fistful of caramel popcorn, stuffs her face and turns to me.

"Paris, Alinna, how do you guys pronounce 'caramel'?" Her eyes twinkled with anticipation. I look at Paris and we both say in unison. "Car-mel?" I swear Amira almost choked on her popcorn, shocked, she yells.

"CAR-MEL? There's a bloody 'A' in CAR-A-MEL" for a REASON!" Eyeing us, she asks another question. "How do you both say "pecans?" She emphasizes the 'A' as 'awns' to make it sound like "pec-awns".

Paris puts on an over-exaggerated British accent.

"There's a "bloody" 'A' in pe-CANS." Glaring at her with her eyebrows snapped together. "The "CAN" in pecans should be pronounced as like "soda CAN" not "soda cawn". Gosh, British people are weird." I nod my head in agreement.

Huffing, Amira pouts and flips on another movie, trying to avoid Paris and I's taunting. Picking out the movie "Pet Semetery" based on the 1983 horror novel by Stephen King. Paris rolls her eyes at the screen, scoffing. "This movie was so anticlimactic." And turns to the stack of movies we brought and picks out another film. Amira's jaw drops and tackles Paris before she puts in the CD.

"Paris please! I know you don't like it but I think it's a good film!" Paris's lips formed a straight line, and sighs.

"Fine. I'll sit through this movie, just this once." Giving Amira a stern look. Excited, Amira takes my remote and starts the movie, her eyes glued to the screen. The thing about Paris is that she has one killer poker-face. She could look cold and stoic but still enjoy your company. And right now, she SEEMS upset that she couldn't put in her movie but, she actually doesn't mind. As much as she wants things done her way, she never wants to disappoint people.