chapter 018

OKAY, SLEEPOVER ROUND TWO. CURRENTLY, it's the middle of the night. I'm lying in bed as Mason's legs keep unintentionally ramming into the bottom side drawers of the bed.

"Sorry..." He groans for like the 50th time. Mason was always a big kicker in his sleep, which was why every time we had sleepovers, I always forced him to sleep on the floor–even in his own home. It was 2:35 am and, my mind was wide awake. I've closed my curtains, lit candles, and even turned on some soothing whale noises. But alas, the candles were blown out because a certain someone doesn't like the floral scent, opened my curtains because they liked the moonlight, and shut off my music because it was distracting. So now I lay in my bed, listening to the very comforting sound of my bottom bed drawers getting slammed. Mason sits up and rubs his eyes, "Alinna."

Not bothering to turn around, I grip the blankets tighter. "What?"

"I can't sleep down here." Mason stands up and walks around to the other side of the bed. As soon as my face meets his, I hide under the covers,

"You can sleep in the living room then," I offer.

He rips the blankets off of me, "Okay one, I'm not walking down your steep ass flights of stairs and two, I'm not sleeping on your sofa." He dramatically drops down, lying on the edge of my bed.

"Well you're definitely not sleepin' up here!" There's no chance in hell that I'm letting him roundhouse kick me into an eternal sleep.

Mason lays the blanket on the floor and throws down a pillow, "Fine then, let's switch places." He cocks his head, "Why are you looking at me like I've grown horns?"

I'm appalled that he even dared to offer me the floor, "Who's house is it Mason?"

"I just can't sleep!" He childishly complains.

"Oh really? Awh poor you," I mock, "Join the club." I roll over and yank back the covers over my head. Mason tries tugging the blanket back,

"C'mon Alinna! I'm sick. Are you really gonna deny a sick, ill, tired, and handsome man?" He successfully pulls it off of me and wraps the covers around his body.

"I tuned out when you said 'handsome'." I reach forward for the blanket yet, Mason snatches it away before I could grab it,

"I'm serious Alinna."

"Me too," I grumble. Looking back, I turn to check the clock, 2:55 am. It's a bit too late to kick him off the bed now, and I guess it's a bit immoral to make a sick person sleep on the floor. "Well... I'm not sleeping down there..." I sigh and roll over to make room, "Get over here. But If you kick me, you'll end up six feet under some concrete"

"Yeah yeah okay," He continues to push me over, "Scoot over some more." Mason drapes the covers over the two of us. Suddenly, pillows replace the warmth of his body and I roll over, only to be met with a staggering wall of pink silk pillows. "Just incase, I don't want you making any inappropriate advances," He teases.

"Can we just please go to bed before 3:00am?" I snug into the warm covers, hoping to fall asleep within the short five minutes I had left.

Even with the wall of pillows, I can still see his face, struggling to contain his laughter, "You're still scared of those imaginery demons?" I can hear the slap of his hand as it lands over his mouth, trying to keep it together. "You're almost 18 Alinna."

"I don't care, I'm still very much scared, so now shut up." At this point, I couldn't see what he was doing anymore. Mason quietly leaves the bed. Shortly after, I slowly fall asleep to a faint floral scent and the sound of whales.