chapter 004

TAP, TAP, TAP

TAP, TAP, TAP.

That was all I heard for the past five minutes. Hearing Mason's fingerpads tap the surface of Mr.Howard's office desk makes me want to rip out his fingers one by one. Sighing, I cross my legs, accidentally hitting his leg in the process.

His eyes narrowed. "Why'd you kick my leg?"

Rolling my eyes, "I didn't mean to, but I'm glad I did."

Sneering that last bit, I looked up to the ceiling, daydreaming of paradise instead of bickering with the imbecile beside me. Mr.Howard waves his goodbyes to the assistant he was conversing with and finally shuts the door. Strutting in, he gives a lop-sided grin.

Settling into his velvet office chair, he takes up a stack of papers, shuffling and organizing it.

"Hey y'all, so, I got some news." Holding up packets of cream-colored paper, he hands it to us.

"STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES" was scrawled at the top of the packet. Flipping the pages I came to find that this packet marked all my not-so-good Unit test scores from the past years. Highlighting all my flaws and problem areas, I faced Mason and seeing that he received the same packet. My eyebrows drew together,

Okay so, we've established that I'm not a perfect person...but why do I need this?

Just ask.

No! What if it's a stupid question?

At least you'd know then.

Taking a leap of faith I asked the question, "Mr.Howard, I'm unsure on what this means for us, why do I-I mean WE, why do WE need this packet?"

His expression hardened. "I know you both want to go to this "prestigious school", but with both of you being impeccable students we needed to decide something. The packet contains all of your weaker areas. You'll take a test near the end of four months to determine your acceptance. To help you study I've gathered two sophomore Sbocciare Accademia students so they can tutor you both."

As soon as he said that, two people burst through the doors. A boy in a vivid cobalt blue shirt waves and in a slight Italian accent he chirps. "Hi guys!"

He had muddy blonde hair and bright cerulean eyes that guaranteed him to be a heartbreaker. Freckles dusted his cheeks and thick dark eyebrows framed his face. He was the definition of charming. He shakes Mason's hand with a firm grip, and he takes my hand and lightly kisses the top of it. Making my face turn crimson red, suddenly it feels way too hot in here.

His eyes sparkling with mischief, he asks. "And your name is?" Raising his eyebrow, he studies my expression and gives me a once-over.

My jaw went slack. I think I stood there for a good five minutes struggling to find my voice, only to hear Mason answer for me.