Chapter 5: Gone

"I would like to announce to all of you, Princess Alexandryn Nammie Nicholette. Daughter of Queen Alexa Rafur-Nicholette and King Nathan Nicholette of Neuschwanstein." The commentator said in the middle of the field with a loud clear voice.

I walk down the stairs with their eyes on me. "What a beautiful young lady, " The commentator compliments me with some sweet lines. I bow at him and smile endlessly. "The Pledge." The show must go on. This is the first part of being an eight-teen-year-old celebration. Everyone does this in our place.

You may be rich or poor, you must act and do what the pledge is. "I pledge." "I pledge..." I repeat what does the commentator says to me. I had my arm straight as a promise. "...I would honor my father and mother." "I would home my father and mother."

"I will not make them cry more." "I would not make them cry more..." "I promise in this land, " "I promise in this land, " "I would be the next bailiff on this Kingdom!" "I would be the next bailiff of this Kingdom."

The pledge has ended soon and those words attack me. I need freedom everyone. I need some. "On our next session, please bow down to our God and make a wish." The commentator says to me while pointing his hands into the statue of God.

I was now down on my knees and prayed hard. Our Great Lord, please let me be this different from all. Let me and my sadness free. I want this as a wish from you my God. I won't ever betray and don't mistake in the future, my Lord. Please, let me have this chance. In your name, My Lord.

I stood up from kneeling and bow down for the last time in the statue. "Congratulations for archiving and saving your life from all these memories of you since you were young. I remembered when you were training at the age of eight." The commentator jokes around to his speech. I giggled a bit and smiled at the crowds.

"Your Majesty," The commentator bowed down to me and stepped back on the speaking corner. "I would like to thank everyone present today. I, Alexandryn Nammie Nichollete, will proudly pronounce that this Kingdom will be soon in my hands. I am willing to sacrifice my life for the world I love." I shout out from the creeps and enchanted people.

"Let's begin our ceremony!" All cheered and the walk of dawn is soon to be started. Some are dancing through the crowds and doing magics to their hands. I walked down the stairs and waited for Zamora.

"Princess," Zamora showed up in a bit and nod her head. I took her hand, "Wait, are you sure about this? Your life depends on this." I assured them my words her and she just smiled at me.

"I've been working here all my life, Nam." She caresses my cheek as if it was the last time. "Zamora..." I lowed my voice and hugged her tight. "No matter what happens, I won't tell anyone. I promise." She said to me making my tears filled up in my eyes.

She ruffled my hair and pats my back, "I will be seeing you in the next afterlife." She gave a sad smile making me turn serious. "Zamora! Don't joke like that! I don't like it. Don't say that after I leave you will be dead." I cried in her arms. I will miss her warmth.

"Here's the key, Princess. The carousel will be there at the gate. Remember that, 'I was tasked to get some honey and been on the land.' If you were asked why and why you, say—" I cut her sentence since she was saying this all the time.

"My father asked me for it. Why won't you let me leave." I was all proud of myself. She chuckled and gives a last hug. "Well done. Promise me this one thing," Zamora gives another statement-making me look into her eyes. "Don't ever fall in a human." Her voice cracked from how serious tone she was.

I was flustered by her words. "I already rejected thousands of wooer. Yet, you're still making me sure not to fall in love with a human?" I laughed at my words but she was dead gone mad. "Okay, I promise," I said to her and patted her back.

"Go now, before I take you back." I was about to take a step when I realized something. "Zamora, it's the book of us alright?" I reassured her making those tears fill in her eyes. "Yes yes, go now. You're making me cry!" Zamora exclaimed and I just laughed out.

"I'll miss you" my sudden sad tone changes and soon tears dropped into my cheek. "Don't be a mess, okay?" She caresses my hair. "Oh gosh, who will be now looking over you..." she suddenly hugs me tight not even letting me go. "You. You are. You will be watching me from down." I smiled at her and hugged her back.

"I'll go now." I can't keep our hands parted. "Go!" She keeps on signaling me to go out of sight but my emotions keep on making me go slow on the walk. I have never done this before. Wandering out of this Kingdom is against the policy.

I walk over to the carousel and went to it. "I'll go down inland. Don't ask more questions, Father tasked me something to get there." I went straight at the point and he nodded. I watch Zamora crying on her knees, "I'm sorry..." I gathered all my emotions out inside of me but it just took me over.

The carousel was floating in the air. The horse is running above the sea. "Kingdom... Princess... I will leave it here." I said to myself and got out a piece of paper snd throw it into the sea. It's a remembrance sea where you can throw all the things that were all memorable to you.

Moments passed and we already got in the gate of land. I dropped off the carousel and he just went out of my sight while the horse is running oppositely. I took a deep breath and gulp down. I push the key inside the keyhole and twist it in.