Chapter 12: The Arrival of Asher

"Happy! How are you? I know you did not expect me to come here on purpose but I have obtained information from the creatures that are here." The sudden arrival of Asher disturbed my quiet feelings. The king of Hagedorn Castle.

Suddenly, the painful and grieving memories of the war that ended nineteen years later return. He is the reason I live in this world. He broke the good memories with my loved one that had formed. I had never loved Nathaniel before because I was in love with a real man who was already at peace in the lower part of our world.

It hurts to think but until now I can still cope with all the memories formed then that I carry. I love Nathaniel now. The hearts that was pounding in the air disappeared because of my lover, Aarav whom destiny forced us to stay away from.

Asher and his minions were to blame for everything. Elsewhere in the Castles, he could see the chaos going on from afar. He is not worthy to be called King of Hagedorn. Because the proof that you are a good leader in everything is that you will not do any misfortune for others. Never mind, their Castle is famous for punishing creatures that break the rules of any Castle. That may not be fair but those who have sinned must submit because this is what the Lord commands.

The foul-smelling odor that Asher brought was the first thing that caught my attention. He was wearing torn and perforated clothes that made me look at him. Let's add his hair that is nearly frozen from its rough hair. He's wearing those ripped brown shoes again, stepping it onto our land.

"Didn't I tell you that you're not allowed to step inside this palace with those filthy clothes?" I pointed to his clothes and shoes. There is nothing fishier than Asher. Sometimes I wonder why Lord expected Asher of all the sinners.

"Such a king, that's what he's wearing. Don't you know how to look in the mirror, Asher?" I said as if he was just being trampled on. Who is he? My honor is still higher than that of the stinking king of Hagedorn.

"Ouch! You don't seem to have feelings, do you? That's why your daughter ran away because of an emotionless mother like you!" The words Asher left lightly pierced my heart.

How dare he say that?!

"Go out of my castle and never come back, Asher," I said venting anger and resentment when I spoke.

"I'm not yet done here, Queen Alexa. I need to roam and find that little princess of yours if the news were true and--" Before he could stand on his feet properly, I stood before him.

"I said, get out of my castle. It's my property, my kingdom. Do as the owner of this town says." I pushed him back as he steps from my door.

"I will only do that if my Lord says so." He then pushed me away from the door, unlocking it by twisting the knob.

Where are you?

Zamora's POV

I didn't eat since last night. My wounds were sore from the punishment that the Queen gave me. I couldn't stand on my feet. But before I knew it, I'd been laying in the bed since yesterday's night.

"The Princess's assistant is finally awake." I was startled at the manly voice behind my back. I sat up in bed and looked behind me.

King Asher?

Words couldn't process inside my mouth as soon as I saw him.

"I-I... A-Ash.." I don't know what would I call him. If I should apologize or greet him? All the inhabitants here reject those who came from Hagedorn. But to one like me, the rank of a king is still higher than that of a slave like me.

"Where's your Princess whom you serve?" He asked me as he got off my bed.

"Princess? Uh," I was not surprised. Even though I knew the purpose of this king I couldn't do anything but face the consequences. "I? I don't know..." I added.

"Oh?" King Asher then moves closer to my place. He went over my face and keeps on recognizing all my features. "Hmm... After five months..." He then uttered making me flustered.

I blinked my eyes twice before his words sunk on my head.

5 months? I'll only last... In five months?

"W-What are you talking about?" I raised my tone so do my head.

"Oh, you know what I mean, Zamora," Asher says brushing his fingers through my silky shirt.

Right... I know what he meant. Would I even protest when he already knows what my death is?

"If the princess is not still back within those five months that has been given to you, then the princess won't be seeing her beloved assistant to be executed." His words could assure me that I'm already at peace after those months.

I'd rather be dead than the princess who'll come back.

I lift my chin, gathering all my courage to speak.  "So what? I wouldn't care at all. There's no coming back if she's already on the human land."

He then went closer to my face with his mischievous smirk. "So, you do know where the princess is?" Asher's laugh becomes like a crow that was struggling to chuckle.

I was stunned by what he just said. Yes, he's right. I should have thought about what I'm gonna say before saying it loudly. Damn it!

"Caught in the act, Zamora," Asher said,

"S-Shut up! You wouldn't even go to the human world just to find her, do you?" I squinted my eyes, shifting my brows up while looking at him curiously.

I should have thought before saying anything!

"Oh? I thought you wouldn't care, at all?" He chuckled, "Well, once an assistant gets closer to the royals, they'll stick like a slime." His words made me ashamed of how I work.

His words were slowly slashing my heart into pieces.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on Princess Alexandryn! Or else!" I stopped, pointing my finger out, "You'll face the consequences." I finally got to breathe from what I'd just said. It may be just in a meantime, but that secures me.

"Such as?" He sarcastically said, laying his back and letting his hand do the moves.

"The royal family can only decide that," I uttered, standing up. "You may leave, you're not even welcome here." I coldly said out.

Ashton scoffed, "Like I would love to stay here!" He shouted before jumping to the window. "See you in the next five months, Zamora!" Asher left a word before turning himself into a crow and flew away.