Chapter 9: Human Life

Alexandryn Nammie's POV

"Where are you from?" I was asked by Anthony who's beside me. We were walking down the street they call as I look around the place.

"I told you, stop asking me questions that were personal," I uttered before getting into the clothes shop.

Anthony clarifies to me what this street does. It has some clothes, shoes, jewelry shops, restaurants, markets, and more. I remembered what he said earlier, "Money is important here, Miss."

I didn't know that humans are that greedy and obsessive about money. If they could do a living, sure they'll get some money from their jobs. Am I right? The workers in the palace are doing the same thing as them. Why would I ask more?

"How do I look?" I questioned him as I went out of the fitting room. I turn myself to him, making his eyes land down on my clothes.

"It's alright. You'll buy it?" He asked as I look at the large mirror against the wall. I kept on looking at myself before answering his unbothered question.

"Mhm, you will. I'll pay you back in the meantime. Thanks in advance," I surely smiled at him before going out of the store, leaving him behind.

The ladies were startled by my sudden action by going out of their store. I'm also using their clothes. I see Anthony handing a piece of paper money to them before putting his wallet back on his pants.

I smirked before wandering around the place. It's dirty nor unpleasant. They live in a trash world. How do they even survive in this environment? I can't even see birds flying around the sky with their pals alongside.

"Hey!" I was stumped by Anthony who's shouting behind me. I turn around and looked at him. He has those slight-up lips formed and his eyes go to my side before gazing at me.

"What?" I innocently asked before turning around. I could feel the angriness and eagerness from his eyes. The sense of fire that was burning inside him, I could see through him.

"Calm down, it's just for today, don't worry. I'll make money." I uttered before sweeping his shoulder sleeve before walking away.

"H-Hey!" Anthony shouted behind me, rushing towards me. We walk down on the street, alley, or what they call the city. Anthony bought me a checkered tank top, a skinny white skirt, and pair of white boots. I don't know what kind of fashion they have but I would say, it was kind of nice and stunning to wear since it's sunny.

"Don't you have any transportations?" I asked him with my unknown expressions. I looked behind me and saw a mother with her child, carrying her.

"Hmm, maybe they're not that bad?" I whispered as I keep on gazing at them. She was holding her with her full arms around her back, supporting it.

"You already made me buy those clothes and you want me to pay for the transportation also?" Anthony's cocky words stumped me. I put my eyes on him before walking behind him.

"First of all, I'm lost here and I need a place to stay. Can I go yours?" I uttered as he tags along with me. I could feel his shock breathe from my shoulder.

"What?" His stutter words make me stop walking.

"I need a place to stay, can I stay at your house in the meantime?" I persuaded him so. My eyes met him.

His delicate face was picturing inside my head. I was mesmerized by his looks. Those dark brown eyes were enough to illustrate that he wants to say something deeper than his heart.

I would like to open his mind but I can't force myself either. I hunch about something dark inside his body and expressions by just looking through his eyes.

I can't know why. It was too hard and closed that made my powers turn down. I heavily sighed as I keep on mesmerizing his eyes.

"What's with the stare?" Anthony's question doubts about me. I look up at him before gazing down to his nose, then his lips.

"Nothing," I ended up giving up on digging upon his chest. I instantly looked at him before ginning, "Lead the way, Mister." I said, pushing his shoulder in front of me. Anthony was just carried away by my act and never questioned me. Though, his eyes were still glittering from confusion.

"Wait here, we're going to cross the road." Anthony's words stopped me from walking down the road. I raised my head and saw a red walking man in red light in a stand. I shift my eyes on the thing I am seeing right now and looked down and up from that light. But soon does, the red light suddenly turned yellow making me terrified on my moves.

"Watch where you're going, stupid." I was grabbed by a hand and I am sure it was Anthony. He dragged me across the road, leaving me in anxiety.

What kind of thing was that?

I kept on looking up to gaze at that thing called the red light stand for me. While I was being dragged by Anthony, I couldn't think straight since it was hunting me down.

"Hey, what's that thing?" My mouth then burst all of a sudden out of my curiosity. I pointed at the green light tall stand figure in a pole.

"That's traffic lights? Stoplight?" Anthony's words were unsure enough to make me look at him in confusion.

He's not sure?

"Wait, why are you asking me this?" He asked, "Don't you know what that is?" Anthony then shook my shoulders out of happiness that comes out like a joke.

"Uh? Yes? I think so," I said back, "Don't you know that too?" I asked him, leaning closer to his face.

"W-What?" He stutters from his words before pushing me back. "Chill," Anthony says fixing his outfit. "You've been weird, Nammie." His words make me flustered. I felt like it was the first time he said it to me. Doesn't he?

"They bought me in the world where I find all the weirdest things. And sure, it affected me." I jokingly said before bumping my shoulder to his and walked away with a smile on my lips.

It felt so ethereal when he uttered my name. Anthony looks like the first male who says my name without authority. That doesn't have a petition that glads me the most.