Chapter 7: Spoon and Fork

"What?" I ask him through his face, giving a restless feature. "Nothing," Anthony uttered, getting his hands off me. "Alright," I lastly say to him and went to walk on my path. I left him behind me,

No wonder why Mom always rants on humans... Look at this, he's holding the hen in his arms than giving their mother on its child to keep them warm. Also this! They're jumping up and down on the muddy puddles. Where are their manners?! What kind of humans are their parents anyway? Hence, they're all the same.

"What a sight," My sarcasm uttered it out. It's not me, my brain is. "Site?" A sudden voice echoed in my ear, losing myself from a heart attack. "Anthony!" I give him a glare with my squinty eyes, stomping my foot on the ground. "What?" He suddenly pops out from nowhere.

"Can't you behave yourself? We're in a public and I'm wearing this big gown! It's killing me!" I scream all my forces out from my lungs, "Hey, don't you have any house? Why are you even here? This is a street city, how come you got here? I didn't even notice you here in my lifetime,"

Anthony keeps on digging up where I belong. "Hey, don't you have any mouth? You keep on shouting earlier and now, you're all dead silent." Anthony barges making me gaze at his face. "First, don't ask where am I. Second, don't ask where I must be supposed to be. Third, don't ask where my parents are. Fourth, I'm all alone. And lastly, fifth, I need shelter." I command him all my words. If he still doesn't get it, I'll leave him alone.

I guess it's all by myself now? Where must I live... Hmm...

"Oh- so for short, you're an orphan?- Wait what?" He suddenly burst out laughing. I didn't know why he was laughing. "What? Why are you laughing?" I asked him in a sudden confusion going through my head.

His laugh lowly slowed down, looking at me. "You don't even know what an orphan is?!" Anthony asked shouting, "U-Uh... will I ask if I knew?..." I lowed my voice, looking up to him. He looks at me with a confused and un puzzled face.

"Like, the person who was sent to an orphanage- Wait, you dint even know orphan, how come orphanage. I mean, like the person who's homeless, no shelter... uh... something like that?" Anthony clears his mind, "Ah! Do you mean waif?! But no! I'm not a waif! I'm a daughter of-" I shouted, suddenly pausing, he would say I'm crazy again.

"Waif? Daughter of?" He looks at me in disbelief. "What?" Anthony asked himself while gazing at me. "What?" I say at the same time, looking back at him. He watches me over my head, down to my feet.

I looked down at my dress, looking so dirty with brown muddy. "There's no way, " he blurted out after finding out what he was searching. "Huh?" I hummed,

"Nothing, let's leave now." Anthony suddenly grabs my hand, running towards our right side, making me run with him while holding our hands.

We stopped in the place where I see people inside, eating? With separate tables? Hmm... "What are we going to do here?" I ask him, facing him from a gap. "Eat, of course. Don't  you know what restaurant is?" He smirks at me pulling me towards the door.

We entered the place, "Good day, Ma'am and Sir. This way, please," One of the same ladies assists us to our table, while I was confused. I sat down on the chair they have.

I looked down at the table that was in front of me. Plastic? I knock the table on the side if it is. Oh yes, "Hey, what are you doing?" Anthony suddenly asks me making me flustered. "Oh, nothing- Is this plastic?" I asked him pointing down at the table. "Uhm? Yes? What are you even saying?" He responses with some unknown expression in his eyes that were squinting.

"How old are you?" Anthony asks, changing our topic. "18," I shortly say to him, getting the paper plastic on the lady. "What's your order?" The lady puts her eyes on me. I look down on the paper I was holding and reading on what was written there.

I am taking a while on reading it since they were priced on the side of it. "Uh- We will get two fried chickens with steak," Anthony says, looking up into him. What's that? "Drinks?" The lady turns her head to Anthony, "We'll get red juice." Anthony added.

The lady nods her head, walking off. "What's taking you so long? You're just gonna say what's your order?" What is an order! The order I know is what the highest-ranking people will command the lowest on them. What's this!

"Huh? I-I... I don't know," I stutter on my sentence, looking down on my dirty dress. He sighs, "Oh gosh, why weren't you familiar with this kind of thing?" Anthony says it hurts my feelings. I'm from the Kingdom. You wouldn't believe me anyway.

His voice changes along with his expressions. Anthony's face was all mad yet confused. I cannot understand him. "Here's your order," A new lady served us the plate of foods in the tray she was holding.

Some things that were used in the castle are also used here? Are they copying us? Our things?

"Eat up, " Anthony awakens my whole personality. I grab the spoon on my right side of the table and a knife on the left side. I stared at the spoon for a long time, seeing a smudge of left foods in it. It's so disgusting.

"Excuse me!" I shout, calling the attention of the ladies that were working inside. "Yes?" Another new lady went towards me. I look upon Anthony who's already eating his spoon. Why doesn't he check his utensils first before eating?

"This spoon is already washed but it isn't clean enough to make me scoop some food on here. Look, " I stared at her while saying it with some power of voice. I pointed to the smudged area part of the spoon at the lady. "Can you explain to yourself why to do this...restaurant, serve this kind of delicious food yet have dirty equipment?" I imitate what Anthony had said to me earlier.

She was looking down on the floor, not even wanting to look at me. "I-I will just change the spoons..." She utterly says and gets the spoon from my hand, getting the other one on Anthony's.

"Bring another fork also, they might have infections..." I whisper the last words, not wanting to hurt their feeling even they're true. She rushingly heads back while nodding her head.

I gaze back at Anthony who's in awe. "What?" I ask him, "Nothing, just... you're unique?" He doesn't hesitate to say and lay his chin on his palms. "What are you exactly?..." He says, biting his lower lip.

I gulp down, I was nervous about what he'd said. I don't know what will I say after that. "Here..." The 'waitress' pops beside me, handing me another two sets of spoon and fork, wrapped into a tissue.

I grab it with my fingers and she gives the other pair to Anthony. "I-I hope you'll enjoy t-the food..." She keeps on stuttering making my unease. "Stop stuttering and go. Some may come here," I say to her, giving a forced small smile.

"What's with the attitude, Missy?" Anthony utters, I glance over him and look down on my plate. I gulp, taking the fork and knife on each side. I cut a little piece of meat and started at the food.

The juicy and oily ingredients were all mixed up in this dish that would make it presentable and outstanding. I take a bite and chew on it slightly. I taste it first on my tongue before considering myself to chew all the meat.

"Mhmm, is it yummy?" Anthony asks in front of me and I look at him, "It isn't that bad though, it's alright for me." I answer him, receiving a small smile from his lips.