Chapter 6: Bump

The air virtually helps me from falling at the lake. Out of sarcasm, my dress is now all wet and dirty. How can humans have this kind of dirty lake? Don't they have any bothers on the water?

The ducks keep on squirting water from my ear, saying a word that would make me pay attention. "Hmm? What is that little creature?" I hummed, getting the mother white duck on my gown, letting her sit there.

"My kids are unhealthy from the water we have. Can you please led your warm heart and clean this lake for us?" The mother duck says with some sad and crying tone.

"Shush there, mother. I will help you and your children to have a safe place to go." I volunteered myself since helping is caring. I put the mother duck back at the dirty and slimy green lake, standing up from my knees.

"Hey, you!" A sudden manly old voice cracked from afar making me glance where it was. My eyes were sharp enough like an eagle that I could see the dust moving around the air. "Me?" I look back at myself, noticing no one was there.

"Yes. Of course, you. What did you do to the ducks? Are you going to sell them and make them your food?! This isn't right, you don't have any permit that you belong and stay at this place. I've never seen a young lady here, wearing a butterfly gown that looks glamorous and beautiful. Who are you even?!" I was dazed at his sudden words? I don't know if it was a compliment or not.

That doesn't have to do now. "I'm sorry for the nuisance, but Mr., the ducks are living badly in this environment they have. How can they survive here if the water isn't clean?!" I burst out my anger upon the old man, around fifty's or sixty's.

"What- I said, who are you! Get out from my sight before I call the police and let them get you." The old man started to run towards me making me blurted out and started to go backward. I look back at the ducks and left with pitiful eyes. "I'm sorry, I'll get you guys by the meantime," I said to the ducks who are sighing out loudly.

"You even talk to ducks?! Are you insane! You're crazy. Get out from my sight, now!" The old man rushed over me and throw me away from his backyard farm. "What a shitty problem we have in the morning." The old man wanders, going back to its house.

"Shitty? What's that even?" I was all in illusion. I don't know any such words. I might get embarrassed. That doesn't mean to me even, I am the princess. They must now down upon me, right? Don't they know what's thousand years of BCE? I hate these people. They don't even recognize King and Queen in these past old years, how come princess and prince?

I started to walk along the path I am standing, seeing a lot of people around. It's an unfamiliar place for a princess like me. I've never stepped out of the land, not until today.

I can feel some gazes around me, disgusting and confused were all written on their faces. I looked down at my dress, seeing it all ruined, making me sigh deeply. I kept on looking down, wondering the grounds were all black and hard.

Cement? Is it? Maybe...

My head suddenly bumps into a hard figure above me. It suddenly pisses me off since it was a hard bump. "That hurts... And this is what happens when a Princess has been-" My fist was forming a circle, ready to punch not until I saw the face of the person whom I bumped with.

"Hey, are you out of your mind? Princess? And can you please, look up while walking? You're like a child in ten." The man harshly says to me, face to face, holding some sort of device in his hand?

He was wearing a plain off-white sleeve, pants in cuts? And a black vest? Is that what you call it? I am all amazed by this outfit of his. I give a touch on his vest, smelling it with my nose. The strong air perfume stings in my nose.