Chapter 10: The Disgrace of the Palace

Zamora's POV

I'm still stunned at the sting that was around behind my leg. The Queen punishes us with light retribution. I knelt on the ground on how many spankings she did behind my back. My wrists were all tied up in a rope above me, I kept on panting hard.

"If you didn't let the Princess go, this wouldn't happen!" Another slap of implement down on my leg.

"Queen..." My words were shaky and low enough for her to hear them. My head instantly falls while my hands were hanging and my kneels were crouching down.

"Once I find the Princess, the rule will be soon as it pleased." The Queen lastly says, stomping her foot on the ground before buffing an irritating sigh and goes out of the room, leaving the implement on the ground.

I'm all in disgrace. All the royal family, wants me to get executed. They put all their fingers on me as if I was the stealer. It was the Princess's wish and the only gift that I could ever give to her. She's been nice and good since I was ruled to her.

Maybe the timing is our problem and not her wish. I always put my attention to Nammie because she never felt her parent's side beside her. I don't want Nammie to grow up feeling alone in the world. That's why until now, 'til death do me and her apart, I would risk my life for her happiness. And that happiness was her freedom.

Go and enjoy the living of humans today, Princess. You may come back, and feel everything's at worst, but it'll be alright by the time. Just trust me.

"Untie her!" I suddenly heard a general's voice until those glassy stomp feet of them reached the room where I'm in. "Zamora," I could felt Donny's soft murmurs in the air beside my ear.

I tiredly look up at him slowly and smiled in pity. "The princess..." I uttered before collapsing down on ties.

DONNY'S POV

I was in shock as Zamora suddenly passed out while her hands are tied up in the air. "What are you two doing?! I said, untie her!" I commanded both guards with me who entered this room.

"Y-Yes..." they were still unsure since this wasn't the royal's order. The order was to get another punishing on Zamora. But seeing her in this state, I couldn't feel myself anymore. Her strength is gone after those punishments that the Queen gave her.

I look down behind her legs and saw all the red marks, bruises, wounds, and red drops of blood coming out from the slit cut. I hissed as if I could feel the pain she was in.

"Bring her on the chamber," I uttered as I slowly put Zamora's head on the ground. I stood up quickly before looking at my corner. After that, I get out of the room.

I heavily sighed before shaking my head. I feel bad for her. The both of them—the Princess and Zamora. It was such a great party that's happening earlier, and now, we got the news that the Princess had left the kingdom.

"Tell all the palace guards to come in here and I will talk to them. Please hurry!" I heard Queen Alexa's order on my left side where there was an open door of a room. I hold the handle of the door but before I push it open, I could feel the pulling force on my opposite side.

"This can't be happening! My precious daughter wouldn't do such a thing-" The Queen's words slowly faded as we met each other's eyes. I widen in shock and bent my back.

"My apologies, My Queen," I stated before looking up again. "What are you doing here?" The Queen asked with her pointy fingers on air. I could see all those golden specks of dust left out from her finger.

I gulped down before smiling awkwardly, "I'm sorry, I was just passing by and heard your voice. I thought you need some help for the missing of the Princess." I bowed once again.

"Mhm," She hummed, putting her hand down. "Did you not see Nammie going out of the palace?" She asked, "I couldn't believe my only daughter will do that to me! How could she?! Argh, call all the servants and guards of the palace. Form all of them downstairs, General Donny." Queen's command as I bowed and walked away.

I started to roam around each corner of the rooms and grabbed all the guards that were having free time, spacing out. I manage to ask them to get all the staffs' members to get in line, downstairs at the palace. I smiled in relief before looking up from the big portrait of Princess Alexandryn Nammie's picture.

I am General Donny William Escalante, with a secret preference for the unique princess of this Kingdom. I liked the princess when we were kids. Since then I have been her support. In every cry of hers, I am there to comfort her. But after those scenes, I am the destined general of this generation of ours.

I smiled in satisfaction and rushingly went down on the long wide place's stairs. As I got down, I could hear all those buffering and whispering voices of many people, occupying the palace.

"Silence!" A commander manly voice then shouted making all servants in peace. This is Joaquin William Escalante. The General of all Army and my brother. We are both great partners, we fight alongside. We never left each one of us in pain. We help and do our responsibilities to protect our home country.

"Joaquin," I uttered as I went behind my brother. He slightly tilts his head on the side, feeling my presence.

"What do you got?" He then asked. I formed myself in my position before landing my eyes on these assistants.

"Forming them, you?" I asked back, glancing over him. "I was called over here, I just heard the news this past minutes from these people." He answered, pointing to all the servants of food and cleaners of the palace.

What a gossipmonger we have here...

"Right, she made us in trouble!"

"I could believe what she had done."

"Oh, my pure precious, princess... Why?"

"No, there must be a reason,"

"And what kind of reason is that Laura? She just turned 18 today, she must behave and do the Kingdom's duties. She must be our role model since the princess is the next person who'll govern this town!"

"I am very disappointed."

"Oh, God. Guide our princess, My Lord."

"Shut your mouths or I'll rip them in half!" The Queen's voice was loud and clear to everybody. She just got out from the long purple curtain that was designed for the princess's birthday.

Queen never judges anybody. She looks at us in equal. But meddling about their privacy makes her uncomfortable and doesn't want to hear any rumors about them. She's worried about others but when it comes to her family, she'll step out to fight.

"I wanted to make sure that all of you, didn't do anything foolish actions that made the Princess leave the castle." The Queen said, wagging her fingers in the air as she points every row of servants here.

The people kept quiet for a long time. They were cautious about what the Queen just said. Either I and my brother know she will make each servant state their relations to the princess as a check upon them. This may be a tough and regretful service but this is all for the Kingdom's sake.