Chapter One

The beginning of my fourth year. Nothing has changed- I'm still late to almost everything important, like the first day of the new year.

I walk in the Great Hall and it seems as if everyone is already here. Not wanting to be much of a distraction, I sit at the end of my designated house table, not paying any mind to the people around me.

"Late are we?" A smirk that has become familiar to me over the years appears in front of me. "Malfoy." A defeated half smile appears on my face at the sight of the boy. "You already missed half of the sorting ceremony." His voice is lazy and uninterested, yet still cocky and arrogant.

Draco and I have never been on the best of terms... He keeps his arrogant and torturous attitude, and I retaliate when I have too. It's like a game of cat verses cat. We're both predators, only one of us like to flaunt it.

"I realize that, thank you." I say sarcastically. He chuckles at my comment. "Always so harsh..." His tone matches mine while his face keeps the same expression. His grey eyes display his amusement. "Always so irritating..." I mock, turning my attention away from him.

As the ceremony goes on, the boy turns to me again. "Well this is nothing if not boring." His eyes roll with the same irritation of my own. "Go tell someone interested in your complaining." My uninterested tone obviously doesn't give the hint, as Draco continues to pester me.

"You seem pretty interested considering you keep answering me." He teases. I roll my eyes, tuning my attention away from him and to the ceremony. "There you go, you've got it now." He continues to tease me.

As the ceremony goes on, he repeatedly looks back at me. In annoyance, I snap at him- "Do you have a crush on me or something? How about looking somewhere other then at me!"

"Sorry, can't help it when you're practically breathing down my neck." He replies, his teasing tone now replaced with an agitated one. I laugh sarcastically and roll my eyes, not bothering to reply to his comment.

How can he be so... Him? He's an absolute git. I don't see how anyone could like him, even the Slytherins. Especially the Slytherins...

The ceremony continues until it's time for the feast. Dumbledore preforms his yearly speech, wowing the first years. By now, everyone that's a third year and above is tired of them, so we ignore it and some whisper amongst themselves.

Draco stays quiet and stares ahead as others attempt to talk to him, ultimately failing. I do the same as I wait for the feast to appear in front of me. When it does, I quickly eat a few bites and leave the table, going to my dorm to unpack.

Personally, I like to get here before the rest of my dorm mates. I like to ravish the rest of the time I have by myself. When you share a dorm, you don't get much alone time, so I try to get as much as I can when I can.

Since I left the feast so early, I get to my dorm before anyone else, just like I wanted.
I decide to take my time unpacking, noticing that I have plenty of time before everyone else gets here. Instead of using magic like most of the students, I do it the muggle way. I find that it gives me extra time to think on things as I do something.

I first take out my books and then shoes and then clothes. The extension charm that Mrs. Weasley put on my trunk really does come in handy. The last thing I do is put away my clothes, giving up on doing it the muggle way.

Just as I get finished, I hear eager first years talking rather loudly in the common room. Wanting to see all the new students, I leave my dorm and stand at the top of the stairs, peering down at the unexperienced group of young witches and wizards.

"It's cold down here." "Stop whining." "Well it is." I hear one conversation before a prefect shuts them up. Before any of them have a chance to bother me, I leave and go back to my dorm for the night.