Chapter Five

Draco has became increasingly more impatient as the days have went by, due to the fact that I have started ignoring him. I can see the little changes in his attitude day after day, as it is getting harder for him to conceal his emotions.

No matter how hard he has tried, he hasn't been able to get me to so much as acknowledge his existence. I, of course, have been keeping just within arms length of him, knowing it will drive him even more insane.

I have managed to keep up the 'act' for quite a while now which is very suprising considering how pushy and needy Draco is being. It's Saturday now, and like always, I've stayed at hogwarts instead of going to hogsmeade.

Lately, I have not been doing as well in transfigurations as I would like to, so I plan on going to the library to study, but I know that Draco stayed as well and I don't want to risk running into him. Especially not at the library... so instead, I decide to stay in my dorm and study.

I haven't been doing terrible in transfigurations, but sometimes I still seem to mess up simple things for no reason, like accidently turning something into a rat instead of a mouse. It really is quite aggravating.

"Ugh it feels like I've been studying for an eternity," I shut my book, deciding to take a break. I look at the clock and see that it's only 3:25, so I decide to take an afternoon shower.

Leila and Pansy both think that taking a shower in the middle of the day is completely mental, but I find it relaxing. I don't have to worry about hurrying or anybody wanting anything from me. It's just me, by myself and away from all the hectic things in my life.

I quickly grab a change of clothes and go over to the bathroom, eager for more relaxing time alone.

I enter the bathroom and get out all of the things I will need after my shower and put them on the counter. Then, I start the shower and let it warm up as I get undressed.

Once the water is at the perfect temperature, I step in the shower and let the steaming hot water cover my body. As I stand under the water, I let my thoughts wonder.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the first weekend I spent at hogwarts. The Saturday nearly three and a half months ago. The day that Draco and I got... involved.

I think about the way his touch felt on my skin; the way he kissed me; the way he touc-

"Ivy?"

Shit... not again. It seems like every time I get time alone the blonde boy decides to make a special appearance. I decide not to answer, hoping he will just go away.

"Ivy I know you're in here, I just want to talk," Draco says to me. "Fine. Then talk," I respond in an emotionless voice. I hear his footsteps get closer. "It seems as if you really enjoy showers," He says. I can practically hear the smirk on his face as he observes my underwear. "And it seems as if you really enjoy interrupting them," I snap back, unamused. I can hear his light laughter.

"So are you going to talk, or are you just going to stand there?" I ask him. "Yeah... sorry," He replies. I sigh deeply, trying to control my temper.

"Uhm.. I uh, wanted to explain why I have been so... distant," He starts. I can't help but smirk at his horrid attempt at an apology. "It's just that, I showed a part of myself that I don't show anyone; the part of myself that's vulnerable, and I didn't know how to react."

"So you just decided to ignore me," I say to him. He exhales loudly, "I didn't know how else to react. No one has ever done something like that, I just didn't know what to think." His tone is half desperate and half defensive. "It was just an apple Malfoy, I seen it and I thought of you. That's all," I say in an almost harsh voice.