Chapter Fifteen

(warning - mentions of death)

Draco put up a big fuss about going to dinner today, but seeing as I didn't eat lunch, I ignored his complaining. 

"You're not going to be able to hide those," I say, seeing Draco try to fix the collar of his shirt. "Yeah, I've realized that. Thankfully I'm not the only one that is covered in bruises," he says, not wanting everyone to know what I did to him during our extra curricular activities.

"If you're coming with me you better come on, I'm leaving," I warn him, walking out of my dorm. Almost to the entrance to the common room, Draco comes running up next to me. "Being as short as you are, you walk pretty fast," he teases, now walking at a pace faster than me. He starts walking backwards, looking at me as I fall behind. "I guess I take that back- Watch where you're going you filt-" 

Draco cuts his sentence short as he notices that he walked into professor Snape. "Maybe it's you who should be watching where your going, mister Malfoy..." The professors sentence cuts short, and his eyebrows rise in realization as he notices the marks on our necks. "Or maybe you should just join me in detention... both of you. My class after dinner," he says, turning around and walking presumably to the Great Hall. "Shit," Draco says, exhaling dramatically as we continue to walk to the Great Hall ourselves.

As we sit down, our group of friends take in our appearance. "Bloody hell, apparently it's mating season for about everyone except me..." Theo says, rolling his eyes in annoyance. His comment gains the attention of many other Slytherins at the table, including Astoria. Making eye contact, I wink at her, quickly putting my attention back on the group of people around me.

"Good luck getting rid of all of those mate, it's going to take a while..." Blaise says, pulling on the collar of Draco's shirt to expose more of the dark purple bruises. "I say well done to you Ivy... I can't get Blaise to let me be in charge at all... Not even once," Leila says, shooting a look at her boyfriend. I smirk, "You should let her Blaise, It's nice to change things up a bit," I tell him, making him, Draco, and Theo all roll their eyes.

"Don't think that it will happen again anytime soon. I only allowed you to be in charge because you were obviously worked up about something, and look where that landed us. Detention. With Snape," Draco scolds me. "What does any of this have to do with Snape?" Blaise asks in a confused- and slightly worried tone. "Draco ran into him in the corridor. Quite literally. He noticed all of the bruises on our necks and gave us detention after dinner," I tell them, making Theo laugh obnoxiously loud as Leila and Blaise hide their smirks. 

"Only you two can manage to get detention during the last three days of school," Leila says, shaking her head in disapproval. We all continue to eat, occasionally hearing a joke about my unluckiness. 

As Draco and I walk out of the Great Hall, we look back to see all of our friends giving us looks of sympathy. "What do you think he'll make us do?" I ask, curious as to what we could possibly be doing this late in the term. "He'll probably make us shine two hundred pairs of the same shoe," he comments, dreading the punishment we are about to face. I laugh at his idea, knowing that the punishment could actually be a possibility.

"Good, you decided to show up. Malfoy, you will serve your detention with Mr. Filch. Go," Draco curses under his breath as he walks out of the classroom. "Miss Draven, I'm assuming that you have succeeded in seeing into someone's mind by now?" He asks me, not expecting much from me.

"Yes, I have, once..." I tell him vaguely. "Well?" He presses on, wanting to know more information. I roll my eyes, "Well, if you must know, it was Pansy Parkinson and I found out that Astoria Greengrass likes my boyfriend," I complain, immediately surprised at the tone I used. "Yes, that sounds accurate. Miss Parkinson does have a very active mind," he says, almost cringing. "You look into all of your students minds?" I question him.