Chapter Seventeen

(smut warning)

The summer so far has been, well, uneventful to say the least. About a month in, and all that I have done is keep my guard up so that Lucius is unable to see what I know. Although it has become easier, I would like to relax every now and then.

Thankfully, this house is big enough for me to avoid anyone almost any time I want. If I want to be alone, I can just go to some random part of the manor where no one else goes. Easy.

That is, until Narcissa mentioned me being distant from the family. So now, I'm currently sitting at the dining room table pretending to enjoy the oh so eventful supper.

The silence is excruciating.

"I feel like you all know everything about my family, and I know nothing about yours- other than what I've seen of course." Both Lucius and Narcissa stop in their tracks at my words. Narcissa laughs nervously before giving an almost bitter smile while Lucius only shows a small change in attitude; I've struck a nerve.

"Yes, well... There isn't anything really worth talking about. Unless you want to hear all of the boring details about investments and what-not," she says to me as a desperate cover up. My face shows a puzzled look, "What about your family? I know, Narcissa, you mentioned a sister?" I ask curiously.

I already know about the infamous Bellatrix Lestrange. She is currently spending her time in Azkaban due to her crimes committed while devoted to Voldemort. Sad, really- to love someone who is incapable of returning those same feelings.

"Very pitiful story really. My dear sister, Bellatrix, was willing to do anything for that terrible man- the dark lord. She is paying for her sins in Azkaban." The expression on her face is now showing genuine sorrow. She loves her sister.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know," I'm really getting the hang of this lying thing... "It's alright dear, I've accepted it," she's a very good liar, but not good enough. I may not be able to preform legilimency on her, but I can still clearly see that she is lying.

Both Lucius and Narcissa are very skilled at occlomency. Draco, on the other hand, is not; they haven't taught him yet. Thanks to that simple fact, I can see exactly what Bellatrix looks like, which is quite different to the paper clippings.

Long curly back hair, average height- maybe a little shorter, and a hollowed face with the look of a pure psychopath. I can't say I expected anything different.

It's somewhat true that I don't know much about their family. All I know is what they show and what I've been told by others, which isn't very reliable. With all of the "alone time" I've had in the manor, you would think that I would have the bright idea to snoop, but unfortunately, that thought never occurred to me until now.

I've come to the realization that since Voldemort has come back, all of them have been acting... Odd. Everyone is hiding something.

They have to have some type of family history documentation in this place. They are a pure blood family after all. I just have to do a little snooping, that's all.

"Well, this has been a lovely conversation, but I think it's time for us to get going. I have some things I need to talk to Ivy about," Draco stands up and grabs my hand, not giving me any time to argue. He leads me to his room, slamming the door behind us. "Haven't I told you to not talk or ask about my family?" I scoff.

"Why can't I? Your father seems to know just about everything about me," I say, continuing to bring up that fact. "That's different," he spits out, starting to pace the room. "It's not at all different," I tell him, rolling my eyes at the hypocrisy.

"You're such a hypocrite Draco. Your whole family is," I say as I try to leave the room. Draco slams the door closed as soon as I open it. "I never said you can leave," he speaks through clenched teeth. I return the same attitude, "I don't need your permission."