Chapter Sixteen

"George," I say, my look softening slightly.

He holds back a smirk. "There you go, you've got it," he says, standing beside me and leaning on the railing. I run my hands through my hair, stressed at my current situation. "Care to tell me what's on your mind?" George asks, looking at the sky. "Not really," I don't want him to carry the burden of my personal issues.

"Come on, I know something is bothering you. I don't care to listen," he pushes, now turning to face me. I take a deep breath before unloading some of my problems onto him. "Me and Draco got in a fight," I tell him, burying my face in the palms of my hands. "So that's why you looked so angry when I saw you walking through the dungeons," he says almost to himself. "What did he do?" He asks, already knowing it was Draco's fault.

"He made some comment about blood statuses again and that he was glad that Voldemort was back. After knowing that Voldemort killed my parents and loads of other innocent people you would think his views would change... I guess I have no affect on him," I tell George, bringing up old memories of how Draco has treated others at this school.

"You can't change someone who doesn't want to change. Malfoy's a right well stupid git if he wont change for you... for the better. I can't believe I'm saying this, but just give him a few hours and I'm sure he will come to his senses. He'll make the right choice," George tells me thoughtfully, no longer in his usual joking manner. "And what's that? The right choice?" I ask, not fully knowing what he means.

"You," he says truthfully. I move my head to see him looking at the sky once again, his tall body leaning on the banister. He looks quite handsome with his hair grown so long, it gives some edge to him.

He notices me looking at him and meets my eyes with his as I send him a look of solace. He notices and is quick to speak up, "Don't worry, I've come to terms with you not fancying me. It doesn't bother me anymore," he tells me, although, his thoughts are telling a different story.

"It's not that I don't fancy you, George, you're amazing, you're funny, kind, attractive... You're everything anyone could want. I find that I fall in love with the people that are bad for me... the people who will break my heart over and over again. I'm sorry that I don't like you in the way you do me, but it would be worse if I lied to you," I start to say.

"And it would be worse if I continued to let you be hooked on me..." I say almost to myself, before remembering another one of my unusual gifts, and deciding to put it to good use. "Look at me," I tell him, turning to face him. He does as I say, looking at the ground before slightly tilting his head up to meet his eyes with mine.

"You will realize very soon that putting yourself down because of me not fancying you back is bad for you. Worrying about what you did wrong, thinking of what you could have said or done differently. All of it. Soon you will get over your liking of me and realize that we are better off as best friends anyway. It's better this way," I tell him, making sure to keep eye contact and focus on my words burning their way into his mind, making them his own thoughts.

"You're right, it is better that way," he says, almost in a daze. I softly smile at him, snapping him out of his zoned out state. "How did you find me anyway?" I ask, quickly stepping back to my original place, leaning on the banister of the tower. George lets out a quiet chuckle, "Me and Fred were going to test out a new product we made on Snape. It took six months for us to make. Mum wasn't too happy when she found out we were doing that instead of studying for our exams. She took most of them, but we managed to find a few stray ones lying around," he tells me, lightning up the mood a bit.

"Well, did you set it up?" I ask, wanting to know what everyone is in store for on the last day of school. "What do you think of me as? Of course we set it up. Honestly, I'm offended," he says in mock hurt, making us both start to laugh.