Chapter Four

Draco and I have actually been doing pretty good lately, considering it's Draco... other than the occasional small argument about something completely stupid, we haven't had many fights yet. I mean, one time he started an argument about how his music taste was better than mine and didn't talk to me for half the day. Like I said, completely and utterly stupid.

Both of us decide to keep whatever is going on between us a secret, so the only thing any of our friends actually know is that we have become better friends.

We had to admit that we became friends, or else they would definitely suspect something. This way, I dont have to have any unnecessary conversations that make me uncomfortable, plus it's more of a thrill keeping it a secret.

We both will also throw in the occasional insult to each other, half meaning it, so it will be more convincing. I'll comment on his daddy issues, and he'll comment on my attitude or how I go around hanging out with the Gryffindors.

Even though we are a secret, he still gets angry when I hang out with Fred and George. We aren't even dating, so he doesn't have a say in who I spend my time with. Even if we were dating, I still wouldn't let him control who I'm friends with, so that has been an ongoing struggle with him.

---

It's Halloween morning and I think it's safe to say that I am very excited. Halloween is my favorite holiday, especially at hogwarts.

Every year I go to hogsmeade because they have all kinds of special treats and they have an amazing haunted house. I was hoping that Draco would go with me, but I'm not going to push it because I know he doesn't really like Halloween due to the fact that he scares very easily. Taking his 'tough guy act' into consideration it was kind of hard to believe at first, but it's true.

I do my usual morning routine and go to the Great hall for breakfast. Everyone appears to already be here, so I sit down in my usual seat between Leila and Draco.

"Merlin Ivy, we've been waiting on you for forever," Leila says, annoyed that she had to sit next to Draco. "Yeah Draven, where have you been?" Draco asks. "Calm down guys, I've been in my dorm getting ready." I brush off their pressing comments and questions .

"Well it took you bloody long enough," Leila says, still annoyed. I rolled my eyes. She isn't a big fan of Draco, but I know she knows something is going on between me and him, so I think that's why she hasn't said anything.

"Anyway, what did I miss?" I ask them. "Well, Draco over here was complaining about it being Halloween and telling us how much he hates it," Blaise says, half laughing. Draco flashes him a look. "Shut up Blaise. You don't have to share every conversation we have," Draco replies to him in a hateful voice.

I look at him, half-laughing and with an amused smirk. "What? Are you scared a scary monster will come out and eat you?" Blaise and Leila laugh. Once again, Draco gives them an angry and annoyed look.

"I'm not scared of anything for your information." He stabs the potatoes on his plate with his fork. "Yeah, okay keep telling yourself that," I reply with a laugh.

We continue to eat as
Draco keeps a hateful look on his face. I can't help but smirk. Draco Malfoy getting scared by something as simple as a haunted house? It almost seems impossible... almost.

Breakfast is over and everyone starts leaving the Great hall. I signal to Draco to stay after everyone leaves so I can talk to him. Blaise and Leila finally leave, so we are left alone.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" Draco asks with a slightly nervous tone. "Well, it's Halloween and I was hoping that you would go to hogsmeade with me." I ask him, making sure not to be pushy with my tone. "No," Draco replies shortly as he gets up from his seat.