Chapter Nine

(smut warning)

Draco's pov
------------------------------------

January first- a week before we go back to Hogwarts and Ivy's birthday. If Leila and Pansy hadn't told me it was her birthday I never would have known. Sometimes I feel like I know nothing about her, but then again, she doesn't really know anything about me.

I have been planning her birthday for ages. I want to make sure that everything is perfect. I've already sent out all of the invitations, even to those bloody twins she seems to love so much. It's her day and I want her to enjoy it, even if it involves me having to get along with the Weasely's for one night. Of course I have invited everyone in Slytherin house and a few of her Ravenclaw friends as well.

Mother is supposed to keep Ivy busy today while Blaise, Leila, Theo, Pansy, and I get the ballroom ready and set up all of the decorations. It's still morning, so I go to Ivy's room to wake her up.

"Ivy darling, wake up. My mother is taking you out to breakfast," I whisper, shaking her lightly. "Why so early?" She groans, I chuckle at her response, never an early bird that one. "Be ready in thirty minutes. Oh- and I want you to wear that dress I got you tonight, be ready at eight." I hear her groan again before leaving her room.

As I shut her door, I take a deep breath. Blaise, Leila, Theo, and Pansy should all be here shortly, so I go down to the kitchen and get a quick breakfast before starting to make Ivy's birthday preparations.

After I eat, I start to leave the kitchen. Hearing footsteps behind me, I turn around to see who it is. "Draco, there you are, the ministry called an emergency meeting- make sure you tell your mother," my father says to me while buttoning his shirt cuffs. "Good, I dont need you to be here for the event this evening," I reply to him, glad that he will be gone for the day.

"Event? Did I miss something?" He asks me, his tone on the line of angry and confused. "Ivy's birthday. Mother and I have been talking about it for days. Maybe if you would have made any mind to any of our conversations you would have known," I snap at him, surprising myself with the tone I used to talk to my father.

Thankfully, he doesn't pay attention to my tone and raises an eyebrow in interest, "Well, I suppose I'll just have to pick something up for her later," he says, walking away with a smirk after he finishes his sentence. 'Weird,' I think to myself before finally making my way out of the kitchen.

"Draco! We're here!" I hear Blaise yell out. I quickly walk to the front entrance to be immediately smothered by questions. "Guys one at a time, I can't hear anything you're saying when you're talking over each other," I tell them, starting to get a headache from all of their yelling. "Blaise- you first. Did you get what I told you to?"

"Oh, yeah they already had it ready just like you told me they would," he says, handing me a small box. "Okay, now you Pansy. The alcohol?" I ask, knowing she would have gotten anything I asked her to. "I had to flash the cashier for this, so you better be grateful." She rolls her eyes at the memory. "I always am," I say, not really paying attention to what she is saying.

"Theo?" I say, already dreading his pervy comment about what I told him to get. I would have told Blaise, but mine and Theo's tastes are more similar surprisingly, plus I don't trust Theo with Blaise's task. "You sure I can't join you two in the fun?" He asks with a smirk on his face while handing me the bag of lingerie I told him to pick up. I shoot him a look of disgust mixed with anger. "Positive," I reply, turning my attention to Leila.

"The decorations?" I ask her. "Right here Draco, don't worry," she replys with a smile, no doubt trying not to laugh at Theo's sick joke. "Alright, we don't have a lot of time, so Pansy and Leila start on the decorations, Theo and Blaise, I want you to both start setting up two tables, one for alcohol and one for gifts. I trust you will show Leila to the ballroom," I tell them, not worried about them losing their way, as they have been here many times before.