Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Charlie

I sat at the foot of my bed, bowed my head and said my prayers for the night. Every night since I was 6 I have been saying my prayers. My life has revolved around God, but listen I'm not a hardcore Christian girl. I disagree with the bible on some things. I rather not get to deep into it. Anyway, prayer has been part of my life since I memorized it for the first time, I never go a day without it.

"Going to bed sweetie?" My mother said while walking and sitting quietly on the bed.

"Yes, need to rest up for tomorrow."

"What is tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow is the day when I do my confessions."

"Of course."

"Do you want to come with me?"

"No thank you sweetie, I have a lot to do tomorrow. Well get some rest darling." My mother than kisses me on my head and leaves. She closes the door behind her and I just stand up. I walk to my window and sit in front of it, staring off into the darkness of the night.

"Why do you see white in black, why do we see light in darkness? Shouldn't it be hidden?"

I once again stand up and slip into the soft covers of my bed. I pull the sheets to cover my whole body, I lay on my left side, and close my eyes. Tonight I dream sweet dreams.

*
*

"Father I have been faithful, I make sure to be a good person, but I can't help but feel that something is going to happen. I feel a darkness is arising." My confession is this.

"Why my child?"

"I don't know, I'm not scared, just more curious. Should I try to ignore it or encounter it?"

"If you are strong enough than encounter it with peace."

"Give me strength."

"Only you can gather the strength."

*
*

After my confession, I decided to not go home just yet. I needed to get out, so I went to the beach. The closest one wasn't the best, but I just wanted to walk, not really swim or anything.

I pulled up to the sand and parked my car. I jump out of my car and start to walk. As I got closer to the water I took off my shoes. I take a couple of steps to the water and let the small blue waves hit my feet. I felt the sand move in between my toes, the water washing it away. I walk along the shoreline because I liked the way it felt.

"Beautiful!" I turn around and see a man, a bit taller than me, standing about 10 away from me. He's covered in dark tattoos, small piercings, and in dark clothing. His dark brownish blackish hair blew in the slight wind, and his smirk made me feel weird inside.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't normally say anything to a girl like you, one that seems so pure, but you're beautiful. I've never seen anyone like you."

"I guess I'm one of a kind then."

"You are, what's your name?"

"Charlie."

"Fits you, surprisingly. My name is Mark."

"Hello Mark."

"Let me guess just by how you are dressed: you are a Christian girl."

"I am."

"And you're pure?"

"Of course."

"Once again I've never met a Christian girl like you that is pure. I would like to ruin that purity." He says while gripping my waist closer to his. I place my hands on his chest, attempting to get away from him.

"You don't want that?"

"No, I'm waiting till marriage. I'm saving myself."

"How old are you like 18?"

"I'm 20."

"Just the right age. C'mon, join me. I want to at least know you, before I do anything else."

"No thank you, I'm fine by myself."

"I don't take no for an answer, so come with me now." He grips my arms tightly and drags me somewhere. Who is he, why is he doing this?