Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Charlie

I laid in my bed and looked out my window and just stared out at the other houses as the sunlight shined on them. I was always jealous of that as a kid for some reason, it was always dark in this house after my father died. He bought in the light when he would arrive home, and when he would leave it was like a trail of happiness, but it never did last long enough.

*knock, knock*

"Honey are you coming down for breakfast?"

"I'm not really hungry mother."

"Are you sure? Are you feeling well?"

"I feel fine, just tired. I didn't sleep last night."

"Why?"

"I just didn't."

"Well it's downstairs waiting for you." My mother then closes the door and I wait a few minutes before I start moving around my room so that she doesn't come back up and question me. I gather some clothes from around my room and throw it into the hamper since I haven't clean my room in a few days. Which is kind of unusual for me.

I grab a pair of new clothes and jump into the shower. As the warm water pours out of the shower head and filling the closed room with steam I just looked at myself through the mirror and tried to see what was "attractive" about me. I didn't see it, I just saw a regular girl, what's so attractive about that? I shook away those thoughts and got into the shower that was running for awhile. I wet my entire body and begin to wash my body with soap I just got. It smelled quite nice, but not as nice as Mark's cologne that was on his shi- stop Charlie. You don't know what you're saying or thinking to the matter of fact. I clean my body and try to rid of any thoughts of Mark. He hasn't spoken to me in days so why should I give him the time of day.

I turn the water off and step out of the shower. I grab the nearest towel and wrap it around my body before grabbing for my clothes, but they weren't there. I looked everywhere in my bathroom but they weren't anywhere, did I leave them on my bed? I open the door to my bedroom and see a man looking out my window next to my clothes.

"Hello Charlie." The man turns around and his smile was a dazzling grin, oh how he makes me weak in my heart. Mark.

"Well this is a view I can never forget."

"How did you get into my house?"

"Easy Christian girl, maybe you should considering locking your windows. Strangers could get in."

"Please leave Mark. I thought you were angry with me enough to never speak to me again, I was kind of relieved."

"Kind of relieved. So your saying that a small part of you wasn't relieved, stressed almost?" His words slipped off his tongue, sounding sly.

"No, I was fully relieved. I was jumping for joy as our relationship did not go any further."

"But you wanted it to go further. Like this." Mark wraps his slightly muscular arm around my waist and pulls me in close to him. The space between us once again no longer existed.

"Let go of me." I said as I pushed him away from me. I did not want him near me.

"C'mon, I know you like me more than hatred. I like you a lot, I showed you apart of my world that know else knew besides my me and my ex. I opened up to you slightly and you did too in return."

I hung my head low and wrapped my arms my waist. I was kind of ashamed that I shared that information with him, it was a bit to personal for him. I feel like he might use it against me.