Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Charlie

I trailed behind Mark as he guided me through this darkness, what is this place? I could hear silent footsteps, it felt like people were here, hidden in the corners of this place. As I was overthinking this entire place Mark stops and slowly turns something to reveal light. He slips in and drags me in as well.

Inside were a lot of people, like a couple hundred and they were all centered around this large square stage that was directly in the middle. It had a cage around it. Mark walks me to the front and has me sit down on the worn brown seat. He lets go of my hand and keeps standing so that he could see clearly onto what was becoming a fight. The lights then turn off and the crowd starts to roar of excitement. When the lights come back on two men and a referee stood onto the center stage. They had gloves on and wore nothing but shorts, they both looked angry but yet scared. I didn't know what to expect until the referee blew the whistle and they started immediately fighting. One pushed the other against the fence and punching him in the face, making his lip begin to burst with blood.

I was incredibly scarred, why is this a thing? I looked up at Mark and I could see the enjoyment that wore on his pierced face.

My heartbeat increased as the fight continued and got a bit more bloodier. It was intense and I didn't like this situation.

Mark

This fight has an amazing start, the crowd loved it except one girl in particular, Charlotte. I looked down at her once and she was looking at her hands, she was nervous.

*
*

Finally this fight was over and there was one last pair that have not yet gone up, but it's the biggest fight.

Cynthia

Finally it's over, I can finally go back home.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick." I sighed and nodded my head. At least I know that he'll be back to take me home.

A few minutes have past and well no one has actually gotten up to leave, I'm guessing another fight is up, but where is Mark?

"This is gonna be a good one." An older man next to me said with a side smirk. I take a deep breath and just wait a bit longer for Mark, but then lights turned off once more and panic started to overwhelm me. The lights appear again and looked at who was now in this fight.

A young man, he seems to be in his early twenties and then the other man looked familiar. I kept looking at him, but the fence kind of hid some of his facial features before I realized that it was Mark. He was in this last fight. I stood up along with the crowd as they stood up in excitement. The whistle goes off and Mark goes straight in. He begins to punch and kick the slightly younger boy, making his nose bleed a bit. He was going so fast, it was unbelievable. His hands never missing the other guy, swift movements every hit. The crowd roared with excitement as Mark was taking this guy down quickly, but it did the opposite for me. It scared me a bit. As I went into my own thoughts Mark actually started to get some damage from the boy. Taking punched left and right, but he wasn't backing down as he blocked.

My heart raced so rapidly, I didn't know how to react so I just left. I got out of the front row and went to the door that led me in here with his hands. I close the door and run through the darkness to the light outside.

Mark

I was blocking this guy's hits and I got a quick look to see that Charlotte left. She's gone. I somehow get this adrenaline rush and I begin to throw my hardest punches making the guy immediately fall to the ground. Blood began spilling from his mouth and the ref pulled me apart me from him and declared me the winner. As he raised my arm I just pulled away and ran outside to where the girl who was scarred was.