Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Charlie

"Please let go of me, I haven't done anything."

"But sweetie, I make the decisions right now, and right now I just want to get to know you. Nothing harmful right now, yet."

He sits me down on the hood of his car, places his arms and hands on either side of my body and just stares at me while licking his pierced lips.

"So tell me about yourself."

"I'm a Christian, I pray every night, there are some things that I disagree with the bible, but I strongly believe in it. I guess I like to paint at times. I'm not very interesting."

"You look very interesting, trust me I know."

"Can I please just go, I need to go back home."

"Not yet, I still need to know a little bit more about you. Tell me have you ever done anything sinful?"

"No, I can never do anything sinful."

"Really? You've never had lust for anyone, never used God's name in vain."

"Never."

"My god you are pure."

"SHH- don't use his name in vain."

"Wow. So pure."

"Can I go now."

"Fine I'll let you go, but-"

"But what?"

"You have to let me take you out on a date. Nothing special, but a date. I even have to meet your parents and everything."

"No, you can't meet my mom. She'll kill me for no reason if she saw you."

"Just your mom, no dad?"

"I rather not."I bent my head down, I rather not talk about it.

"I see."Mark said in a soft tone.

"Can I go, please." I said under my breath.

"Not until you say yes."

"I'm sorry I can't."

"Because of the way I look?"

"No-"

"Tell me the truth, is it because of how I look?"

"You stereotyped me."

"Because it's true, girls who wear white dresses and crosses around their necks are usually pure Christian girls."

"Guys like you covered in tattoos, piercings, and wear dark clothing are usually hardcore guys. Tough and stuff."

"Tough and stuff?"

"Yeah, the stereotype of your kind."

"Well I'm not the stereotype of my kind, but you are the stereotype of your kind."

"Just please let me go and we can forget about this. Go our separate ways." I then push him away and try to get away, but he grips my waist and holds me in place in front of him. He stares right into my eyes and I feel something within me open.

"We might be opposite, but that doesn't mean I can't like you."

"Why me?"

"Because I haven't been with a girl like you. I need to know if a girl like you can ruin my darkness, all the girls I've been with are like me. I want to try something different."

"Well you are not trying me. If you want and this is the only way, but we can be friends. And this "date" is not a date, it's just hanging out."

"Okay, I can be friends with you."