Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Charlie

It's 6am, I woke up early for some reason. I hardly ever wake up this early, only on a few occasions. I sat in my bed and just tried to get my mind distracted.

*vibration*

I look to my bed side table again and see my phone vibrating. I unplug it from the cord and open it to a new message from Mark.

"Good morning early bird."

"Why are you up early?"

"Because I didn't sleep."

"Why didn't you sleep?"

"I was busy last night, it kept me busy."

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing important."

"Okay, I won't push you to tell me."

"Tell me, why are up this early? Don't you wake up at 8am?"

"I just woke up early today I guess. It rarely happens."

"I see. Do you wanna hang out with me today?"

"Like right now?"

"Why not?"

"I guess so, but don't you wanna get some rest or something?"

"No I'm fine, I just wanna see you. Hang out."

"Beach?"

"Beach."

*
*

I waited for him, I wasn't comfortable wondering around here alone in the early hours of the morning. The sounds of the blue waves crashing was only heard around me, the sea salt smell filled my nose. The sunset looked liked it was appearing from under the water, giving everything around it a orange purple shade to it. I admired it from where I was and just thought about it.

"Why am I here?"

"Because you feel the need to be free from yourself and do something different."

I turned around and looked at him. He was dressed in a white t-shirt and normal dark blue jeans with Red high-top shoes. He looked pretty good in it.

"That's not it. I don't intend to find out anyway."

"One day."

"Anyway, what do you do early in this hour?"

"Well the other time I was up this early I was here."

"Let me ask you this, why this beach? You could probably go to a better one besides this one."

"This beach has more character than the others. I like this beach more because I think it's like me in a sense."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean like it's different than the others. Other people treat it like shit and mess with it. They don't think about it as a place, they think of it as a waste of land. It's like me because it just the way people treat me sometimes." He looked at me with hard eyes, I knew what he meant. I felt bad because now I knew that I was treating him badly because of the stereotype.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to treat you like that."

"It's fine, I've gotten used to it."

"C'mon, let's relax this fine morning with some breakfast at the beach."

*
*

We ate our breakfast and just looked up at the morning sun. The sand getting some warmth through it.

"So what tattoos do you have?"

"Where?"

"Everywhere."

"Well on this arm I have Ness from Earthbound. It's one of my favorite video games of all time."

"What about this one?"

"That's the youtube icon, I recently got it because these past couple of years have changed my life for the better."

"This one?"

"Decoration."

"Wait, who's this?"

"That's my dad." The tone in his voice instantly changed deeper. It felt so sad and depressed, what happened to him.

"I love you? Why is that there under you dad?"

"Those were the las words he ever said to me before he died in my arms."

"How long ago was this?"

"About 4 or 5 years ago maybe. It was hard."

"I bet. What did he die of?"

"Cancer. It was very bad and it was taking a really bad turn for the worse. There was no way of saving him."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks, but I rather not talk about it."

"I get it."

"So, just you and your mom?"

"Yup."

"No dad."

"No dad."

"Why?"

"I rather not."

"Ah."

"Look the sunrise." I said while sitting straight up.

"It's beautiful huh." Mark said while repeating the same actions.

"I never really see it, even when I wake up early."

"You should wake up more early, take a nice drive past here."

"Maybe you should join me then. Like I've said before I don't have any friends and my mom doesn't really wake up around the same time I do. Why not since we might be seeing each other much more often."

"Sounds like a plan now I guess."

"It's official."

A/n: hey guys I'm back from my vacation and I missed you all very much. How's everyone while I was gone?! And guys the video is still in process. Send me and email if you wanna be in it and we can talk out everything.( guerramilinda9@gmail.com ) send me an email and we can talk out everything. Please guys I need you on this and I know it will be amazing because it's not just me its you and everyone who love Mark. Please guys I need you and I can't do this without you.