Chapter 11

Charlie

My eyes flutter open from my slumber and I slowly yawn as I sat up from my flat position, but I feel something fall into my lap. I look down and see an arm. I follow the arm and it leads to the sleeping darkness in my bed. I slowly remove his arm from my lap and shuffle away from him to the other side of my bed. I pull my legs to my chest and stare at the body that laid next to me.

His chest slowly went up and down in a peaceful rhythm, I couldn't help but stop breathing. I stared at him and I couldn't stop looking at him as he just slept on top of my bed. I wanted him to leave but I was afraid of his reaction if I attempted to wake him up.

I tried to ignore his presence and tried remembering what happened before I fell asleep, something felt off about it. I recounted everything I did, but I couldn't pick out what was off about anything, but then I remembered that Mark had those pills that he tried offering me, did he slip one into my water earlier? Something in me snapped and I just move my body to his. I sit on top of him and shake him awake furiously.

"WAKE UP!" I yelled as I shook his shoulders.

"What the hell Charlotte?" Mark mumbled as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Get out of my house now!"

"No."

"Yes, I want you out NOW!"

"Why is that princess?" He said in a mocking tone.

"You drugged me, you slipped a pill into my water. How dare you!"

"It was me lending you a hand because you did tell me you were having trouble sleeping and I gave you help."

"I don't need help from you, I can sleep on my own without any drugs."

"Then why weren't you sleeping before huh?"

"I was hyper, now GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE TO ESCORT YOU OUT."

"Call them, I dare you."

"Is that a threat Fischbach?" He didn't answer he just stared up at me before pushing me off him and siting back up. He rubs his face with his rough hands and stand up from my bed before moving over to my bedroom door and grabbing the chrome knob in his hand and turning it to exit the room. But before he completely opens the door he turns around and says, "well at least I know that you sleep beautifully. See you later Charlotte." He turns the knob and leaves my room, leaving me alone on my bed. I look over to my phone and see that I have 15 missed calls from my mom, well she won't be pleased with me today, but luckily she won't see Mark again. I wish I was that lucky, but sadly I know I will meet him again sometime.

*
*
*

Mark

I walked down the pavement of LA for no reason since someone I have my eyes on doesn't want me around her. But I knew that deep down in her somewhere she wanted me to be around her, but she was holding back.

As I kept walking around I hear a blood crudely scream. I run to where I thought I heard the scream and find myself down an alleyway. I run to the end and see a man beating the hell out of another person on the ground. My instincts kick in and I tackle the guy. I push him to the ground and give him a taste of his own medicine. I kick in his stomach several times before bending down to his level and punching his face in to the point where his blood covered his entire face, but I stopped when I felt two hands pull me away from him.

I look behind me to see someone covered in their own blood as well, but as soon as I looked at him he fell to the ground and passed out. I move over to him and lift his head to get a better look at him, he needed help.

*
*
*

*about a day later*

I sat in the white room and looked at the body before me, it wasn't the best thing to look at but I couldn't help myself. I get up from the chair and walk over to the person that I guess I saved. I look down at him and it was something that I couldn't look at anymore. He was so beat up that it was insane, but it made me curious as to why he was getting beat up by another guy. I turn around and begin to walk away, but then I heard a soft voice speak.

"He-hello?" I stop in my tracks and look behind me to see the body speak, one eye opening since his other was swelled to the point that it was numb.

"Hi."

"Where am I?"

"In the hospital."

"I'm not dead?"

"Um no, I'm the one that bought you here."

"Oh, thank you."

"Um, yeah, your welcome."

"I- I'm Robbie."

"Mark."

"Thank you Mark." I just nod my head at his thanking and again try to leave but he stops me again.

"Wait."

"What?"

"What happened to the man that was..- hurting me?"

"I left him in the alleyway, he didn't need help."

"Oh."

"Who was he?"

"What?"

"Who was he?"

"H-he was my father."

"Your father?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I told him I like boys."

"Oh."

"Yeah, it's not a pretty story."

"I'm sorry."

"Thanks, but now I'm free to love who I want. My family won't be around to uh, judge me."

"I understand how you feel."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I do."

"How?"

"I shaped myself into someone that my family wasn't really proud of, but I knew who I was. I am who I am and I left."

"I see." I nod my head, but instead of leaving him I walk back to Robbie and sit down on his side, looking at him with soft eyes.

"I'm pan."