Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Charlie

"Whenever you're ready to go, I'll be downstairs." Mark said as he turned around to leave.

"No, don't leave."

"Okay." He became soft. He got closer to me and just stood close to me. I kept admiring all of the works, they were all so beautiful.

"He was an amazing artist."

"Yes he was, he was also an amazing person."

"I bet." He looks at me and just gives me reassuring smile, it was the most friendly he's been to me since we've met.

"Let's go, I'm having old memories come back to me."

Mark leaves the room and I follow him out but when I finally get out I don't see him in sight. I look around but I still don't see him until I turn around. I make eye contact with Mark as he stood in the corner with his back against the wall, while hitting his lip for some reason.

"Charlotte." He said as he started walking very slowly away from the wall towards me.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to know why I brought out here and tell you a personal story of mine?"

"I guess so."

"Because I like you and I think I've stated that very clearly since we've first met. I like you and well I'm ready to ruin that purity you have going on."

"No thanks, but no."

"Why not, don't you find me attractive at least a little bit?"

"No I don't. I don't even like you, we are complete opposites. It's really hard to even talk to you."

"That's not what I feel." I didn't notice until then but he was really up against me. And I mean like only a few inches away from me. He somehow was able to push me up against a wall, my heart beat grew. He places his hands on my waist and slightly runs his fingertips up and down my sides. He is touch was trying to make me go weak but I was putting up a good fight for. It letting that happen, but it almost seemed to work.

His hands went up and landed a bit above my under ribs. He grips my sides and just pulls me close, he presses his body against mine and just makes the space between us nonexistent. His eyes never lose contact with mine, and I just start to feel something deep and satisfying, I couldn't pull away from it. He presses our heads together and just pushes me further into the wall behind me. He then begins to lean to try and kiss me and I could just feel myself want this, but deep inside I did not want this at all, it all felt so wrong to me. His lips finally press up against mine and I just melt into him. I couldn't feel my body except for my heart and it was racing extremely fast. I was no longer in control.

He lifts me up and I didn't know what to do except wrap my legs around his frame and just hang on for dear life. He then starts make some movements with his mouth and I didn't know what to do, so I just followed what he was doing. I didn't know how I was doing.

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU TOO DOING DOWN THERE?" A very tall man yelled from down the hall.

Me and Mark instantly separate and just released of each other from anything.

"GET OUT OF HERE." The tall man once again yelled.

"C'mon Mark lets go, I don't think we need to be here any longer." I said while grabbing his hand. I did not want any conflict right now. I think Mark picked up on that and just did what I said for once and followed me out.

Once we made it outside, Mark pushed me up against the brick wall and tried to kiss me again, but I didn't want any part of it.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, but to be honest with you Mark, I don't want that type of relationship with you. I don't think it would be a good relationship. I'm sorry."

He backs up from me and just looks at me like I tried to kill him or something, but he just backed up and got into his car. I took small breaths and just slipped in. It was now complete silence.

*
*

We arrived at my house and he did not say a word or a sound the entire car ride. When he stopped I just got out and left, and he didn't even wait up for me, he just sped off. I open my front door and I see my mother waiting for me in the front. She didn't seem pleased.

"Where have you been?"

"I was out."

"But your car has been here almost all day."

"Someone picked me up."

"Who, was it that boy Mark that came over the other day." She said as she stepped closer to me.

"No mother, I promised I wasn't associated with him what so ever and I still stand by that."

"Then who was it."

"Umm."

"Tell me now Charlie."

"It was a sweet boy mother."

"Who was it." She was angry.

"Jonny. The boy a couple blocks down."

"Oh, I see. He seems sweet I guess. Why don't you invite him over one day instead of hiding him." She was once again pleased.

"No, he's terribly shy. It would be awhile before he would come over. It's nothing serious, we're just friends."

"We'll be careful if it's anything more."

"Will do mother. I know what I'm doing." I finally walk past her and run up to my room. When I make it to my room I just close the door behind me and slide down my door and sit on the floor. I run my fingers through my hair and place my hand under my chin to keep my head up. I start to think about what occurred earlier with Mark and just feel myself feel weird about it all. It was an amazing kiss (even though it was my first) but it was just all of a sudden. I didn't know Mark felt attraction toward me like he did. The event replayed in my head and I could feel every moment of it, it was real again. I bite on my lip and just run my fingers through my hair as I try to get over this high of the heated moment.