Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Charlie

I woke up the next morning and it was around 6 or 7, I couldn't really tell since my vision was a bit blurry from laying on my face all night. I stand up from my bed and walk over to my mirror and dresser. I look at myself and decide that I needed a shower so I got some clothes basically walked around my room for a few minutes, but I stopped when my phone buzzed with several messages.

"Come downstairs." It had Mark's name across my screen in all caps and I felt myself undo. I sighed to myself and just threw my phone onto my bed, deciding to ignore him. I go into my restroom and take my warm shower. I took my time and didn't rush getting out.

Mark

I stood by her front door and waited for her to open it, but of course she is ignoring me. I had to wait as long as it took for her to simply open the door, but I can't wait here all day, I'll stay until it gets dark. As I stood by her door I started to notice little things in her front yard. Everyone's yard was green and blooming with flowers, but Charlie's yard was a bit brown and dead, but there was a single white flower in the far corner of the yard open and bloomed to a peak. I looked at it and I was just drawn to it, so I go up to it and bend down to get a closer look at it. I slip the stem in between my fingers and almost pick it from the ground, but I heard the door behind me open. I let go and see that it was Charlie in a white robe with wet hair.

"What are you doing here. Go away."

"No."

"Why are you here?!" She was getting pretty angry, never seen a girl get this angry at my presence before or at least at her house.

"Mark please leave." She said as she got behind the door, but I walked back to where I stood before. I stand before her and just look at her, almost mocking her.

"Mark, just go." She attempts to push me, but as she pushes me I grab her hand and I hold on just right enough to were its not hurting her. She looks down at my reaction and then back up at me. I stare into her eyes intensely, I was never going to let go of this. I then hold her hand between our bodies and just rub my thumb across her own and just let it become tender. I could tell she wasn't letting go.

Charlie

I couldn't stop looking at him, I was completely drawn to him. I relaxed in his hand and I just melted. I knew he could tell that I melted, it was the smile that he gave me to set me off. I stop looking at him and pull my hand away from his. I keep it to my side and just stand back further from him.

"Please leave." He didn't respond, he just stood there and didn't make a single move. I was a bit scared.

"Just leave."

"Nothing can make me leave Charlotte."

"Did you call me Charlotte?"

"Yes I did, I figured that since you told me I would call you that instead of Charlie, well just between us no one else has to know."

"Don't call me Charlotte." My heart was aching.

"I'm sorry, but I must call you Charlotte." He wasn't going to stop.

"What do you want Mark?"

"I want you to come with me."

"Where?"

"Surprise."

"Well if you want me to go than you're going have to tell me."

"Fine, we're going to the mall."

"No thanks I'm good."

"Okay that was a lie, we are actually going somewhere nice, to a sea turtle habitat."

"Why?"

"I thought you might like it."

"Well I guess I can go for a sea turtle habitat."

"Good, now get ready."

*
*

Mark

We were in my car and once again it was complete silence. Charlie just looked out the window and didn't speak. I wish she would talk with me, but I can't force her or maybe I can.

"Charlotte, are you upset with me?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"You showed up at my house at 6 or 7 in the morning and refused to leave. How did you find my house? Are you stalking me?"

"With the power of Google my Charlotte." I said with a smug smile.

"Would you like it if I just showed up at your home out of the blue because I could?!"

"I wouldn't mind, that means more alone time with you."

"Why am I here with you right now, why am I letting you take me places?"

"Because you like me." I said in a sing-song tone.

"Oh please." She was beginning to sound annoyed.

"C'mon and just admit it, you can't resist this."

"Be quiet please and just drive. I want to get in and out only because you are the one driving."

"Don't worry sweetie, besides it'll be fun."

"Mm."

*
*

We drove for about an hour and she silently fell asleep, which is a good thing because I don't want to hear her object to where we are really going, a abandoned warehouse. I park in the back and turn the car off. As I take out the key I quietly shake Charlie awake.

"Mm... What?"

"We're here."

She opens her eyes more to get a clear view, but her eyes grew in some fear, this was something that I crave from her. "Are you scared?"

"Umm.. of course not." She lied.

"Come inside with me." I say as I get out of the car. I close the door and walk over to her side and open her door.

"Don't you trust me?"

"Not really."

"Just take my hand." I hold my hand out to her and she stares at it for a few seconds before actually taking it and getting out.

I hold her hand gently so that she won't get scared anymore than she already was and lead her into the warehouse. I open the titanium door and it squeaks in a eery pitch and the warehouse consumed us with darkness with a single light in the middle.

"Mark, I don't like this."

"Trust me you'll be fine. It's only a fight."