Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Wanted

Gray groaned when he woke up. He was on the verge of slamming his head on the wall. He lazily looked at his clock. It’s 8 am already. He is late for work.

“Fuck,” he groaned when he felt his throbbing head.

After Loki had helped him with his truck, he drowned himself in alcohol. Jim Beam, Bourbon, Jack Daniels, Tequila, everything he had on his house. He drank it all. He remembered he was like this when she left.

Fuck. He thought. I’m this reckless again.

He said to himself he’ll never be this wreck again. He was wrong. It was happening again. After seeing Juvia, he was this weak and wreck again. Gray got up with a throbbing head. He immediately went to his bathroom. He needs to shower and he is late for work. As he took a shower, he remembered her again. Starting from all the crazy things she did for him.

“Hi, Gray-sama!” She greeted. Everybody on the table turned silent.  Gray eyes’ had widened.

What did she call Gray? Gray-sama? All of their friends looked quizzically both Juvia and Gray. And after a few moments, they all laughed. Except Gajeel, who face-palmed upon hearing his sister. Juvia blushed by the moment they laugh.

“Gray-sama?” Elfman repeated.

“Gray-sama ~” Loki said in a seductive tone then he laughed. “Fuck, dude. She likes you. Big time.”

That made Gray flushed – embarrassed even. He looked at Juvia whose cheeks are red. He glared at her. Why did she call me that? Juvia doesn’t look embarrassed.  In fact, she’s smiling. Gray face-palmed, embarrassed of what’s happening. Juvia just blurted out in the whole guild, in the whole university that she likes Gray.

And it never ends there. He was always surprised. Letters in his locker. Gifts from her. Home-made chocolates, even pack up lunches! Juvia made it just for him. It never ends there. Juvia was following her whenever she sees Gray and whenever she had. She never loses hope. And him, he was ignoring him all along.

He slammed his fist on the wall. Frustrated that he remembered it again. All the rejection he told Juvia. Ignoring her and her love.

Stupid. He thought.

Then, he thought, maybe he deserves to be like this. All those rejections she had, he is paying for it now. He shut his eyes tightly. But I did love her back. He thought again. Shaking his thoughts, he went out of the bathroom to get ready for work. He dried himself and went to his dresser. 

“Gray-sama,” He turned to Juvia. He was expecting it. Juvia is confessing her love for him. Again.

Gray turned around with irritation. “Juvia, stop calling me Gray-sama.” He rushed his hands through his hair. He saw Juvia blushed when he did that. He stiffened, having the same reaction Juvia had. She’s cute when blushing.

It was the same cold and snobbish expression he had when he turned to her, which she adores compassionately. It isn’t hard loving Gray. She thought.

“Gray-sama. I love you.” She said. Gray doesn’t change his expression. He looks at him, blankly. Inside, he doesn’t really know what to feel. He doesn’t know how to react. For him, it was wrong having this reaction from her. It is weird. “It isn’t just a simple crush. It is much deeper than you thought. It is much more than that. I thought I made my point, Gray-sama. I really love you so much.” She said bravely.

All the people in the campus are looking at her. Some intentionally stopped to watch them. Some, just glanced then walks away. Juvia doesn’t care if she was being watched by so many people. Juvia just cared about Gray giving her answers.