Chapter 7

Chapter 7

That Kid

She didn’t feel right when she wake up the next day. She was in the urge of resigning. She rolled unto her bed and put her hands on his face.

“Ugh!” She groaned in frustration. She can’t forget what happened yesterday. Gray’s words and face made it clearly that he is mad. But he was quite right; he’s just doing his job. She sighed. “I can’t quit this job.”

She really can’t not because she needed the money. She wanted that job very much. She doesn’t want to lose. She needed that job because she loves what she is doing there. But with what she reacted and behaved yesterday, it might be the end of the world for her. She might not be thinking of resigning but there’s a possibility that she’ll be fired.

She pressed her hands on her face again. I am going to be fired. She thought as she stared at the ceiling of her bedroom. Then a sound came through her open door.

“Momma!” Her son was in the arms of his nanny when they entered the room.

She suddenly changed mood. Her face lightened up and she sat on her bed.

“Hi baby!” She said as she took her baby from the nanny.

“I’m sorry if he woke you up. He’s that up early in the morning.” The nanny said.

Juvia smiled and caressed the hair of her child. The baby leaned on her that made her heart warm. She suddenly forgot about his father. She kissed the top of his head. “It’s okay. I’m already awake.” Then she looked at her son, who reminded of Gray yet again those blue eyes were the only difference from Xander and Gray. “How is my baby? Did you get a good sleep?” The baby talked and she smiled although she didn’t understand what he is saying.

“I’ll prepare breakfast for the both of you.” The nanny said. Juvia thanked her then the nanny left the room.

Juvia cradled her son and she prepared herself in breastfeeding her son. She exactly knows what her son wants that’s why he is up so early.

“So baby, you’re father and I meet yesterday.” Juvia said to her son, who looks innocently cute as he sucked her breast. She sighed. “You know what, you’re both not fair.” Her son smiled at him as if he can understand what he is saying. “We had an argument. I should’ve hated him but I guess hating him is not what I’m made for.” She sighed then looked at her son again. “Look at you, you look exactly like him. Except that eyes which you got from me. That’s why I can’t hate him. I can’t hate him because I have you.”

Juvia pointed her son’s nose as her son satisfyingly laid down and drink up his milk. After she fed Xander, she got up and prepared herself by getting a quick shower. She left Xander with the nanny.

“Juvia, I think we’ve run out of stuff in here.” The nanny said when she entered the kitchen.

“Oh? Really?” Juvia looked at her and she nodded. She looked at her watched. She’s late for work but she doesn’t feel like going to work. She embarrassed herself in front of her co-workers by shouting at his ‘major’ boss. “I think I’m going to do the shopping, today. Please list the things that I need to buy.”

“Yes, of course.” The nanny smiled at her.

She went to the kitchen to see her son, playing with his toy car that he likes. She smiled at him. It made her forget about her problems by looking at him, even though, her son always reminded her of him.

“Momma’s going to buy some groceries. Does Xander want to come?” That got her son’s attention. He happily jumped around.

“And I’ll take that as yes. Come on, you should change your pajama.” She laughed and took her son in her arms. She changed Xander’s clothes and their ready to go.