Chapter 13

Chapter 13

[warning: scenes may not be suitable for young readers. (Or I don’t know) please read at your own risk. Thank you for waiting for an update.]

Take

Gray had realized that having a baby isn’t easy. An instant baby, to be exact. Not that Gray isn’t happy, he was happy. He was just not prepared. When he heard he did have a child, especially from Juvia, he couldn’t explain how happy he was. He didn’t even want to admit it but he felt like crying that time. Of course, he somehow felt betrayed because Juvia had been hiding their child but the rest of it was history.

“Aren’t you tired, Juvia? You’ve been carrying Xander for hours.” Gray said to Juvia. Juvia smiled at him.

“I’m okay. He’s like this whenever he had a bad dream.” She said.

Currently, Xander is having tantrums. The baby woke up crying so he’s a little bit cranky. Juvia and Gray immediately went to Xander’s room when they heard him cry. Gray is a little bit anxious about his son. He didn’t even know what to do. Gray had just been there for three days and it’s his first time to see Xander having his tantrums.

Gray sighed. He had nothing to do but watched Juvia carry their son. Xander’s head is on Juvia’s shoulder and his arms are extended on Juvia’s neck. He had stopped crying but Gray could see Xander’s red nose.

“What can I do?” He asked. Juvia looked at him while she cradled Xander.

“It’s okay, Gray. You worry too much.” Juvia said and smiled.

Gray looked at his son again. Juvia smiled with Gray’s reaction. He’s being an anxious father and a bit overreacting father, too.

“What?” Gray asked as he caught Juvia smiling.

Juvia shook her head, still smiling. “No. Nothing.” Then Juvia looked at her son. She caressed his back and softly asked her son. “Baby, do you want Dadda to carry you while I prepare your milk?”

Xander’s head rose up and looked at his father. Gray looked at Juvia then at his son. Xander extended his arm to Gray. Juvia smiled at Xander. She handed Xander to Gray. Then, Gray carried his son. Xander rested his head on his shoulder and extended his cute little arms on his neck, just like what he did when Juvia carried her.

“There. Momma will be back for your milk, okay?” She kissed Xander before looking at Gray. “And you, you’re one anxious father.” She smiled then left the room.

Gray smiled too then he cradled his son. He admits he is one anxious father.

There are times when Gray cleaned up Xander’s mess. Of course, with Juvia’s help. He didn’t enjoy it but it’s his son, he had to endure it. He also bathed Xander. The kid loves water. The kid giggles whenever Gray splashes water on him and the kid splashes water on him too. Xander is one stress reliever of Gray whenever he came home from work. 

It was a smooth week for them. Even though, there’s awkwardness between the two of them, they just ignored it whenever they see their son. They’re both doing this for Xander, anyway. Gray’s room was just across Juvia’s room. Xander’s room is beside Juvia’s. Whenever night came, Gray had the urge to knock on Juvia’s door, ask her about everything, about Xander, and about them. But he didn’t have the courage to do that, considering the fact that Juvia had enough surprises. He didn’t want to give her another headache.

It was almost midnight and he couldn’t sleep. He decided to go to Xander’s room. Their son’s door wasn’t locked so he entered his room smoothly. Xander was sleeping peacefully and that made Gray at ease. Sometimes, Xander made him crazy. There is one time when Xander fell on his knee and Gray had gone crazy. It happened yesterday. After he got home, he decided to play with Xander.  Xander cried and had few scratches on his knee. Juvia is the calmed one, knowing that his son will be better.